× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB1120 Bridge Mode - No Connectivity

bseright
Aspirant

Re: LB1120 Bridge Mode - No Connectivity

Thanks for everybody's responses. I ended up biting the bullet and purchased a Cradlepoint ARC CBA850 - should arrive tomorrow. It's a bit overkill for our use but I couldn't find an alternative and I couldn't wait any longer on Netgear.

Message 26 of 136
pwherman73
Guide

Below is a snapshot from the logs proving that in bridge mode we don't get the subnet on the dhcp request and a hint on how to adjust for it on the router side (update dhcpd.conf with a subnet for that network adapter). What we really need is Netgear to provide a firmware update that fixes the problem and make sure the dhcp response includes a subnet.

Dec 31 19:01:25 lakehousekok dhcpd: WARNING: Host declarations are global. They are not limited to the scope you declared
Dec 31 19:01:25 lakehousekok dhcpd:
Dec 31 19:01:25 lakehousekok dhcpd: No subnet declaration for eth0 (10.130.xx.214).
Dec 31 19:01:25 lakehousekok dhcpd: ** Ignoring requests on eth0. If this is not what
Dec 31 19:01:25 lakehousekok dhcpd: you want, please write a subnet declaration
Dec 31 19:01:25 lakehousekok dhcpd: in your dhcpd.conf file for the network segment
Dec 31 19:01:25 lakehousekok dhcpd: to which interface eth0 is attached. **

Message 27 of 136
pwherman73
Guide

I've opened a case with Netgear on this. I'll keep y'all up to date.

Message 28 of 136
vronp
Guide

Thanks for posting this very useful information.

I got a chuckle reading your post as my SSID is "lakehouse" on the wap I was using for this project.

Message 29 of 136
vronp
Guide

I opened a case yesterday, two cases actually.  I had a terrible first attempt and complained to Netgear.  I was promised that the second case would be escalated to an engineer.

During the first case, the rep denied there was any problem at all and refused to even look at this thread.  When she asked me to do MAC address cloning I knew it was time to pull the rip cord.

I will be on them like white on rice today.....

Message 30 of 136
Rudedog614
Guide

pwherman73,

Thanks for the details. Where do those log entries come from and how can I get to them?

vronp and others,

If you think it will help to get more attention from NETGEAR, my existing case on this issue is # 28692510. The latest update I received this morning after continued pushing was:

"We apologize for the inconvenience. However, we do not have an ETA yet on when will the firmware be available. Once available, it will be posted on the support site. I suggest that you check the site from time to time."

If I don't find that the USG firmware update mentioned by fishforfun works for me, I am going to return my LB2120 to Amazon while I still can. I will monitor the firmware releases and this forum to see if NETGEAR fixes the issue and then I may buy more of these.

bseright, I looked at the Cradlepoint CBA850 series, and the one that includes an LTE Modem is a bit too pricey ($679 at Amazon http://a.co/5J2yOkq) for me. Since of course my time is free and the dozens of hours wrestling with this don't count. 😉

Thanks everyone!

Message 31 of 136
vronp
Guide

Here's a workaround I was able to do on a cheap Netgear router.  This will likely work for everyone.

I setup the WAN port IP assignment to be DHCP.  I then wrote down the IP information provided by the LB1120.

I think went back and change the WAN IP assignment to static.  I filled in the IP information I recorded and fixed the netmask to be 255.255.255.0

This band-aid "fixes" the issue.

Now, here is the $64,000 question.....  Is my IP number going to change?  I assume yes, and if so, how often?  Anybody know?

Oh, also, my ticket number on this case is 28741111 in case anybody gets someone good at Netgear support.

I'm probably moving on to a pepwave device but I'll stay involved here.....

Message 32 of 136
pwherman73
Guide

@vronp - LOL - I'm guessing your lakehouse only has  horrible DSL or no internet service at all... Hence we need to deal with these things...

Message 33 of 136
vronp
Guide

No DSL and no clear path to a satellite !!!

Message 34 of 136
pwherman73
Guide

@Rudedog614 - I'm on an ubiquiti edgerouter (USG will be the same), ssh onto the router and look in /var/log/messages, directly after a restart or if you bring that interface down and back up again... 

dhcpd.conf is in /etc/dhcp3

Message 35 of 136
vronp
Guide

Hey Folks,

Good news.  See below...  I have already returned my LB1120 to Amazon and purchased a Pepwave mini BR1.  I hope this will help you.  I'm going to ask (again) that Netgear post here but if you have not yet opened a ticket, I recommend you do so.  You can reference my ticket number from an earlier post.  Also, anybody that posted a ticket number in this thread....I will put that number in my ticket as well.

Good luck.  -  Dave

Hello, David, 

Our engineers have a potential fix for this. Can you get your IMEI number including the serial number and we will see if we can get beta firmware with fix pushed to you. 

It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for choosing NETGEAR. Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Bernard 
Expert ID: 8333 
NETGEAR L2 Support Expert

Message 36 of 136
pwherman73
Guide

I've provided my IMEI to L2 support for them to update my firmware. I'll keep this tread updated... Fingers crossed 

Message 37 of 136
JamesBellJr
Aspirant

Did you get any firmware update yet?  I'm encounting the same thing and I'm hoping they come up with a resolution quickly. 

Message 38 of 136
pwherman73
Guide

Have not heard back - I'll follow up on the case with them...

Message 39 of 136
GaryEinstein
Tutor

We are having the same symptom with Sonicwall. incorrect mask. We have a Simplifi device coming in to test as an alternate. This is a major bug and needs attention.
Message 40 of 136
vronp
Guide

If this isn't a fix involving a single line of code then I don't know what is.....

Message 41 of 136
jiminnc67
Aspirant

I have the same issue with bridge not working. I also have half the speed than i do from my phone. Anyone else experience that? My phone get 55-60 DL and the LB1120 only gets 20-25. 

Message 42 of 136
OneWhoKnows
Tutor

Jim, that's actually to be expected. The modem is Cat 4 which doesn't support carrier aggregation. Your phone most likely does.
Message 43 of 136
xnolightx
Star

I submitted a case a little over a month back with no resolution. They explained to me that my Airport Extreme was to blame, even though I had been using the same router in bridge mode on a different provider. My case # was #28631930.

Message 44 of 136
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I also opened a ticket this morning for the same issue.

Text Sent:

"I have a LinkSys E2000 V 1.0.06 that has been factory reset along with a LB2120 (which was factory reset) and then changed to Bridge Mode. Connecting the LB2120 to the WAN port of the E2000 will not allow an internet connection to those connected to the router."

Message 45 of 136
jiminnc67
Aspirant

has anyone hit their data limit and been throttled back?

Message 46 of 136
vronp
Guide

My suggestion would be to contact Netgear and give them some of the other case numbers that have been posted here.  At least one of them involves the testing of some new firmware.

Message 47 of 136
vronp
Guide

With which provider?  T-Mobile?

Message 48 of 136
jiminnc67
Aspirant

ATT

Message 49 of 136
pwherman73
Guide

Support team replied back - they are waiting for the engineers to get back to them... Waiting...

Message 50 of 136
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7