× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readyshare is not accessible.

Rebel792
Tutor

Readyshare is not accessible.

Running windows 10,  and had a major update yesterday and lost all my Network connections.  was able to remap all my drives except my readyShare Drive.   every time I try to remap it. I get an error saying. //192.168.1.1 is not accessible you might not have permission to use this network resource.   

I don't have a password set, and I've checked all my setting on the router.  I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to connect. and yet I can't. 

Someone Help Please

Message 1 of 48

Accepted Solutions
Rebel792
Tutor

Re: Readyshare is not accessible.

Found a solution:

go into user account in control panel

if you're in windows 10 select manage your credentials this will open 2 options

web credentials and windows credentials

head to windows credentials and add a new windows credential

enter the location of the drive \\readyshare on the first line

your windows user name in the second line

your windows password in the third line

and you're done, you should see the drive under network and be able to access it as before

good luck

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 48

All Replies
hhazeley
Initiate

Same here.

I am on R6300v2 upgraded today to the latest Firmware Version 1.0.4.06. No access to nwtwork share or the router. It's not your computer its the firmware the messed with the router.

Can't get Netgear to help because no free support in router anymore.

Message 2 of 48
Rebel792
Tutor

Found a solution:

go into user account in control panel

if you're in windows 10 select manage your credentials this will open 2 options

web credentials and windows credentials

head to windows credentials and add a new windows credential

enter the location of the drive \\readyshare on the first line

your windows user name in the second line

your windows password in the third line

and you're done, you should see the drive under network and be able to access it as before

good luck

Message 3 of 48
hhazeley
Initiate

Thanks.

For me i know its not the computer because i have Windows 10, Windows 7, Server 2008 and Server 2012, none can access share or router interface. The funny thing is if i reboot the router it works for about 3 mins then nothing. Everything else works fine, i can browse the internet from machine and machines can see each other on the network.

Message 4 of 48

Rebel 792's solution worked for me too.

Used as adress \\R7000\WD My Password. Both WD My Password and WD Elements became visible again.

Thanks to all who participated in this or similar threads.
Message 5 of 48
NZUser
Aspirant

This works for me. Thanks for the steps/instructions

I am using Netgear X4S D7800 with Windows 10 version 1607

Message 6 of 48
Hooch80
Tutor

This absolutely worked for me!

The one thing to say is that when you create the Windows Credential - you must enter a user name and password, and...

1. I had to configure readyshare itself to allow read and write access to a username - i selected admin.

2. The windows credential required the router username "admin" and the password for admin. I tried my windows username and password, and i was able to connect to map the drive, but not open the contents of it. With admin and the password, i was able to get it to work!

>Found a solution:

>go into user account in control panel

>if you're in windows 10 select manage your credentials this will open 2 options

>web credentials and windows credentials

>head to windows credentials and add a new windows credential

>enter the location of the drive \\readyshare on the first line

>your windows user name in the second line

>your windows password in the third line

>and you're done, you should see the drive under network and be able to access it as before

>good luck

Message 7 of 48
NikkiPOP
Guide

This seems to be working for everyone else - maybe I'm not doing this correctly.

For network address I am just typing in "\\READYSHARE" and for username "admin" and password is my password to get into readyshare per usual.

Message 8 of 48

@NikkiPOP: You might chech in Netgear Genie which full path to your external HD is mentioned there... i for example had changed //ReadyShare in //R7000.
Message 9 of 48
Rebel792
Tutor

No, No ,No   username and password are for your Computer's Username and window's password,  not your routers'.  It's going to be whatever you use to sign into your computer when you turn it on.  

Message 10 of 48
Charlos0618
Initiate

Did this and stil unable to access. It is now wanting credentials and I use the WIndows UID and Password it says it is not valid. Am I doing something wrong? I am using a micosoft account to log in, does it need to be a local user?

Message 11 of 48
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Charlos0618 Can you try to type admin on both?

Message 12 of 48
ajljml
Aspirant

I just got a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10.   I am able to log into the router in a browser using 192.168.1.1 and in there I can see the external drive I have connected to the router USB.  I am also able to access it on my phone (S6).  However, when I downloaded the netgear genie adn the Ready Share Vault app to the computer, in addition to being super tiny and hard to see, they do not show any ready share devices attached.  If I try to go to \\Readyshare in a browser window, it says Hmm, we can't reach this page.  I added a certificate and tried using my windows u.n./password. i also tried my router admin password.  I have taken them off and reinstalled them multiple times, but I can not get it to work.  Please help me figure out what I am doing wrong.

Message 13 of 48
TeamFlorida
Initiate

I had the same problem with the mid-September Windows 10 Update -- I uninstalled the update and then I could access the ReadyShare again.  But over the weekend there was another update, and now it's the same problem again.  However, my "view recent updates" file DOESN'T show a date for any of the files, so I can't tell which update is most recent.  This is really getting to be a pain!  Any suggestions? 

Mary

Lakeland, FL

Message 14 of 48
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

See this link.

Message 15 of 48
TeamFlorida
Initiate

Thanks!  That worked perfectly!  Great!  (plus, you helped me beat my IT guy to the answer!)

Message 16 of 48
MardnS
Aspirant

This didnt work on my Windows 8.1 computer.

tried typing in both my windows username and password, tried typing in 'admin' and 'admin', tried typing in 'admin' and 'password'

None of it helped 😞 any other options?

Message 17 of 48
ajljml
Aspirant

I ended up putting \\192.168.1.1 in the windows certificate with the netgear admin user name & password and that worked for me
Message 18 of 48
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@TeamFlorida You're very welcome. 

@MardnS Try the suggested solution of @ajljml 

Message 19 of 48
MardnS
Aspirant

That did not help either 😞

Message 20 of 48
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@MardnS Have you tried doing a clean installation of your OS?

Message 21 of 48
MardnS
Aspirant

Yes Ive reinstalled my OS. No result

Message 22 of 48
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@MardnS Is there another computer for you to try?

Message 23 of 48
MardnS
Aspirant

No, i do not have another computer, but my TV and iPhone can connect without any problems... any new updates on how to fix this?

Message 24 of 48
MardnS
Aspirant

readyshare error.PNG

I get this message when trying to going through error handling. It is in danish but what it says is that the port: File and printershare (SMB) is not allowed to be connected to because readyshare is not configurated to do so.

Message 25 of 48
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7