Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need VPN Prosafe License key reset

PIAC
Aspirant

Need VPN Prosafe License key reset

My old laptop with a VPN Prosafe VPN client installed died and I need to install the client on the new machine. I can't uninstall as requested and upon reinstalling it says all licenses are used. Is there someone I can message with my license and email information as others have done to get the key reset?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 7
op3c
Guide

Hi PIAC,

I checked with ProSafe VPN license administrator, the usage of license key is controlled by NETGEAR partner, that we can't see how the license key is claimed or used. We tried to see if we could generate new license key for you, the VPN licensing key is now EOL(End of Life), that system won't allow us to generate new one 😞

Our new VPN router (PR60X) now moves to OS built-in VPN client (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS all have easy to use built-in IPsec VPN client now), could you please try to use built-in VPN client instead of ProSafe VPN client? Please let us know if you are facing any issue(Client OS, ProSafe router model, IPSec IKE phase 1 and 2 settings without sensitive info). Thanks.

Message 2 of 7
PIAC
Aspirant

Unfortunately, I do not own a PR60X router. We are currently using an old NETGEAR FVS338. Others in the community over the years have had difficulty configuring the windows built-in VPN to connect to this router. Is there any guidance you can point me at to do this or are you suggesting the solution is to purchase new routers.

Thanks for your response!

Message 3 of 7
op3c
Guide

Let me check if our QA can come up instructions for using OS built-in client to connect to FVS338. Will forward step by step instructions to you if our QA can make it work. Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
ErwinL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @PIAC

And welcome to the NETGEAR Community! 🙂

I believe I can help you with resetting the key, I just need to get your license key. 

Have a lovely day,
Erwin
Netgear Team

Message 5 of 7
ErwinL
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @PIAC

I have reset your license key. You may use it again. Please let me know if I was able to address your issue.

Have a lovely day,
Erwin
Netgear Team

Message 6 of 7
PIAC
Aspirant

Thanks Erwin! Resetting the key worked perfectly. We greatly appreciate your help!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements