Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRX5308 VPN pass through to SBS 2008

meiskc
Aspirant

SRX5308 VPN pass through to SBS 2008

Situation:

SRX5308, Single static wan IP.  I need to be able to access a SBS2008 VPN through this router.  I have forwarded port 1723 (TCP and UDP) to the VPN server, but am not able to make a connection.  The SBS VPN uses GRE protocol, but I can find nowhere in the router to pass this protocol.  Anyone?

Message 1 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello meiskc, 

Welcome to the community! 

I don't see a way to configure GRE protocol, for this setup you might have to use IPSec tunnel over PPTP. Click here for instructions. PPTP's security is weaker so you'll have to decide carefully before implementing this type of connection. 

I hope this helps, let us know if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 6
meiskc
Aspirant

I tried that.  And just to confirm, tried it again.  I am not able to make that work either.

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi meiskc,

Not sure if this will help.  However, let me share this forum link to you as reference.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR 

Message 4 of 6
meiskc
Aspirant

Exchange, OWA, RWW, and HTTP are able to be connected to from the outside.  Also, the VPN was working when I originally setup this router. I'm not sure what happened, but the VPN has stopped working, but all other services continue to function.

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi meiskc,

Since VPN was working fine before, did you change anything on the existing network as well as on the remote network?  You may want to contact NETGEAR Support and ask for assistance. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements