Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: how to move one VPN lic to anther pc?

tmorse
Aspirant

how to move one VPN lic to anther pc?

Every time i try to lic VPN client software says lic's all used. Where is the portal or instrucions on how to release used lic that no longer have. So it can be used again.  Have not found out where or who does this. Any help would be nice.

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tmorse, 

I viewed the ticket that was opened when you have contacted our support team, you were given a number to call but I was not sure how you were not able to get hold of them. I have personally forwarded the license reset request to our higher tier support. Both licenses should have been reset by now and you should be able to use it on all 10 clients. 

Let me know if this helps. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tmorse, 

Welcome to the community! 

When transferring licenses to another PC, it is suggested to uninstall the client software on the PC where it was previously installed while it is online. This way the server would be notified that a license key is freed. For instances where a PC crash occurs and the client software is not properly uninstalled, the license will still be tied to the PC. What you can do is to contact support and request for the license to be reset. This way, you can use the license again upon installing the client software on a new PC. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tmorse, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  

If ever your concern has been resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 7
tmorse
Aspirant

Not even close. Have gotten the run around for 3 days. What i was told does not work. And can't get it fixed. This is the last netgear i will ever buy for my company. Why is thier no portal to check your lic. that you have paid for!!!!!!!!!. How dam hard is it to contact support about a simple lic. problem to a new pc. ( Its being controled by thier servers anyway) Before I'll give a dime to this company for support I'l change hardware. Now that thats over how in the hell do I fix this?

Message 4 of 7
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tmorse, 

I viewed the ticket that was opened when you have contacted our support team, you were given a number to call but I was not sure how you were not able to get hold of them. I have personally forwarded the license reset request to our higher tier support. Both licenses should have been reset by now and you should be able to use it on all 10 clients. 

Let me know if this helps. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Message 5 of 7
tmorse
Aspirant

Thank you i can now use to intall. Thank you for your help. I have talked to many admins and they all agree that your hardware is great software hard to work with( updates, even buying vpn lic.) support is very bad.  Not that your support is bad. Support peaple in your company is very good. Getting to the right peaple in a timely manner. sucks!!!!!! web page also sucks. you can't find anything with out going through 15 page and then you click and it takes you back where you started. Thank you again. all this could of been easy if you had a portal and let us see and manage our own lic keys.

Message 6 of 7
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tmorse, 

You are welcome! Please be assured that we will forward your concern to make getting in touch to our service better. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience that you have encountered. 

Thanks,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements