Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: netgear SRX5308 intergation to network connecitons and vlans

select1967
Aspirant

netgear SRX5308 intergation to network connecitons and vlans

Hi looking for a little help

We are looking to connect multiple vlans onto our 8650e data switch which will in turn be connected a number of Alcatel cloud based omnipcx oxo RCS telephone systems.

we are basically creating a mini voice hub with the leased link connected and sip/vlans/WAN connections (engineered by our network supplier).

the issue I have is integrating the NETGEAR SRX5308 Firewall into the equations.

I have tested the link and missing out the firewall and proved the circuit is live.

we have an Alcatel 8650e 48 port switch installed.

our network is setup as follows :

Cisco router (where the leased link terminates) - 4 ports - ports 1-3 are programmed as 'trunk' ports supporting VLAN 1 ( 192.168.50.1) local connection and VLAN 3 public - ive been told i only need one of the ports to connect to my network.

i have discussed this with a people and have been given various solutions :

1. Cisco trunk port connected to WAN port 1 of the NETGEAR firewall - connected patch lead accordingly
2. program the WAN port on the NETGEAR switch with the relevant public IP info given by vender - carried this out link showing live
3. program two VLANSs 1 & 3 onto LAN port 1 of the NETGEAR firewall - programmed
4. program port 1/1 on the 8650e with 802.1q tagging -'trunk port'
5. associate VLAN 1 & 3 to that port ?
6. create numerous VLANs onto port 10-20 with relevant VLANs 10-20 for each OXO telephone cpu

Now my questions :

how to i allow my new VLAN's 10-20 to default root back though port 1 ( my trunk port with VLAN 1 &3 ) towards the firewall ?
what ip gateway address would be needed to be programmed for each OXO on their separate VLANs & how ?
i know i can program an ip interface to each port and attach a VLAN to the port is that correct ?
is there any routing required with the 8650e switch ?

Does anyone have any help on setting this firewall up im a lttle lost ?

hope this makes sense.

thank you in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello select1967,

Welcome to the community. I have read through your post but I am not understanding the exact layout of the network and where the SRX5308 is going to be integrated. Is it possible you could attach a network diagram/topology outlining the Alcatel cloud based omnipcx oxo RCS , Alcatel 8650e, Cisco router and Netgear SRX5308 and how they are connecting together?

Once I can see the setup and how the main devices are connecting, I hope to then answer your questions.

Thanks

Message 2 of 5
select1967
Aspirant

hi thank you for your reply

i have set up the following and everything is work except the internet access

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8898/~/multiple-vlan-configuration-between-netgear-fir...

for your info my VLAN3 is my public connection from my ISP (cisco router).

i have programmed the ALCATEL LUCENT switch with vlans and trunk access etc.

i have created two vlans, 3 (public) and 70 (test), each with their own DHCP scope.

they are connected via LAN port 1 to my ALE switch and trunk ports configured accordingly.

relevant LAN ports on the ALE switch have been programed with their own VLANs, pc connected on these ports pick up their relvant sub net 50 for vlan 3 and 70 for vlan 7.

the wan port on the srx5308 has been programmed with the fixed ip address (one of the IPs From the scope given of 5), and the wan port is showing live.

everything working apart from the internet connection.

to prove the isp works i unplugged the WAN port cable coming from the cisco modem and programed a pc with one of the IP address in the public range and tagged the port on the pc as VLAN 3 ... Internet success.

is there anything required to allow the newley created LANs on the SRX5308 to use the WAN port ??

im lost  !!

Message 3 of 5
select1967
Aspirant

sorted, external DHCP server needed to give further information, gateway and DNS.

working now.

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

great job, glad to hear you got it sorted.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements