Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

5.1: Re-designed Port Numbers on Device View Unreadable

schumaku
Guru

5.1: Re-designed Port Numbers on Device View Unreadable

With a lot of imagination (or screen zoom) we can find a port number in a multilayer on the "enhanced" (to the bad!) port graphics. To small number, poor contrast, flowing together with background and the bright green, blue, or grey "icons".

Also the (S) and (S+) on the SFP ports are in a much to bright grey colour on white background - contrast su**s.

Port numbers unreadable GC728X.PNGPort numbers unreadable GC110P.PNG

I'm really wondering what the UI designers and QA do in their daily job - sorry. How can a change like this pass to a production release?

Message 1 of 8
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Re: 5.1: Re-designed Port Numbers on Device View Unreadable

Hello,

I asked this in a previous post about the UI issue you're seeing. I am not seeing this issue on the different browsers I have tested. Anyway you can try to clear the cache of your browser and see if the UI issue is still reporting like this?

Message 2 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@MrJoshW, are you seriously want to tell me you are easily able to read the port numbers (1...10 resp. 1...28) in white, on a bright grey background, disturbed by bright port graphics?

Port numbers unreadable.PNG

Are you humouring me? This is against ANY usability and readability standards!

Message 3 of 8
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

I am not seeing the UI issue on my side and other computers I've logged into are not reporting the UI issue's you are seeing. During the testing of Insight 5.1 in no way did we change the UI of the ports to appear the way you are showing in the screenshots. If you can clear the cache of your browser and verify if it is an issue of older cached images or try a different browser that you have no previously used with Insight to see if it reports the same issue.

Message 4 of 8
schumaku
Guru

This happened since the update to 5.1 - on any browser, any system, even if not used on Insight for a long time.

Forced reloads has not cured.

This created the impression of an intended change.

Dropping cache - which does apparently help for the moment - is just the last resort, no Web application should ever require it.

Message 5 of 8
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

Does this also look the same on your mobile app?

Since I cannot see this issue on my end, can you send me full screenshots of the interfaces? I can submit a bug with engineering and verify why your setup looks like this.

Message 6 of 8
schumaku
Guru

As I wrote above - after dropping the browser cache on several systems, many different browsers, the normal situation returned. However, dropping browser cache should never be required - worst case a forced reload should fix things. Submit a bug to engineering - clearly not a normal browser App behaviour. Aside, we're using several comparability complex Web and cloud applications - being QNAP NAS, Synology NAS, ReadyNAS, Q Suite - and never had to clear a browser cache for years (after reporting similar issues and working with the relevant RD before). There is enoough proof - no need for full screen shots - that tings broke up with the migration of the cloud to 5.1 while browser cache was not refreshed accordingly.

Mobile App or mobile browser portal? The App continued to work with the 5.1 update (for normal Insight), while the mobile browser portal is no longer workable on small browsers (same borked design concepts from >10 years ago - I still want to learn from Netgear why big borders should be required - similar rubbish here in the community Web UI btw. - the edit window is just about 50% of a Chromebook 11" display - left and right emptyness).

Message 7 of 8
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

Thanks for the update, let me update engineering on this one and I'll send you a private message on this if there's anything they need to look further into this issue.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements