× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Authentication method using MAB

港区のNE
Aspirant

Authentication method using MAB

Hi

I want to perform 802.1x authentication using MAB.
I want to do MAB authentication using the MAC address. Please tell me the setting of the port to connect the target PC.

The location will be in the [Select Security > Port Authentication > Advanced > Port Authentication.]

best regards

Model: GSM4328S|M4300-28G - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x1G and 4x10G including 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Authentication method using MAB

@港区のNE,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As far as I have checked on page 546-548 of  the M4300 user manual here, when you go to Security > Port Authentication > Advanced > Port Authentication on the web-GUI, you may used MAB to either enable or disable MAC-based.  The default setting of MAB is Disable.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
港区のNE
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.

I know the information in the manual, but it doesn't work when set.
I have no problem setting the RADIUS server.

Please let me know if there are other causes.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@港区のNE,

I inquired you concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support and got a feedback.  According to them, the MAB function is for bypassing MAC-based authentication for 802.1x unaware clients.  In order for it to work, the Control mode must be set to MAC Based on the port, then Enable MAB.  

Were you able to set the Control Mode to MAC Based on the port then ensure that MAC Based is set?  If not yet, kindly configure it then test it again.  Refer to the image below:

Control Mode to MAC Based for 港区のNE.jpg

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements