× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't add additional VLANs to JGS524Ev2

dlupfer
Aspirant

Can't add additional VLANs to JGS524Ev2

Good afternoon,

I am trying to setup some VLANs on my switch, but am having a little issue. I am in Advanced 801.2Q, and upon enabling it gives the warning that it will clear existing VLANs, I said ok. 

I see all ports default to VLAN1. I add VLAN10, and then go to assign ports. I try to remove ports 1 & 2 from VLAN1 but it says I can't remove until I change the PVIDs first. So I go into the PVID page and change port 1 & 2 to PVID 10. BUt then get a warning that I can't change because "Port 1 is not a member of VLAN10".

So I can't do anything because each page says I need to do the other step first.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--Dan

Model: JGS524Ev2|ProSafe Plus 24 ports gigabits switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Can't add additional VLANs to JGS524Ev2

Hi Dan,

First add the port to the VLAN 10 ie. as [U]ntagged. Now you should be able o change the PVID from 1 to 10, and then remove the port from the VLAN 1. 

Yes, I understand why users are struggling over this - as there can be a kind of an (potentially invalid) config in place for a moment. It hit's me every other attempt while mobing a port from a VLAN ID to another VLAN ID.

-Kurt

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Hi Dan,

First add the port to the VLAN 10 ie. as [U]ntagged. Now you should be able o change the PVID from 1 to 10, and then remove the port from the VLAN 1. 

Yes, I understand why users are struggling over this - as there can be a kind of an (potentially invalid) config in place for a moment. It hit's me every other attempt while mobing a port from a VLAN ID to another VLAN ID.

-Kurt

Message 2 of 4
dlupfer
Aspirant

Thank you! That got things working!

--Dan

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

I'm sorry for the free typos Smiley Sad Glad it helped.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements