× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Changing Interface's MAC

D1V
Follower
Follower

Changing Interface's MAC

Found a thread similar to something I have been chasing for a day or two...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Managed-Switches/Changing-Port-MAC-addresses/td-p/1355539

I've spent a couple of days trying to trace down what WireShark was reporting as a Layer2 Loop (RLDP), what I found was two of my netgear switches are reporting the others mac address on multiple ports,  this kind of aligns with the previous thread I found above. 

My first switch is configured with 6 different vlans used for a watchguard firecluster and has six cables going to the next netgear switch for their respective vlans for distribution. Everything is fine as I am not able to find any loops other than the one Wireshark is falsely reporting as a loop. When I clear the address table on switch two, I can see the mac for switch one come back on all six ports, why wouldn't netgear use a different interface mac so this is avoided? All of the other switches like Dell and Extreme I have do. Is there a way to cure this?

Model: GS724TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements