× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GSM7224V2 and XenServer VLAN

JackTheRipper
Follower

GSM7224V2 and XenServer VLAN

This will be kinda long, follow along.

So I have three XenServer's in a pool

On the front end I have two GSM7224v2 for public traffic (call this DMZ) with two Cisco ASA5510's in active passive mode for internet traffic and firewall rules between the different ports/vlans.

Each XenServer node has an active/passive bond, so each switch has three cables going to it. Inside of XenServer I can tag vlan (blah) to a specific server.

Switch 1(active) I have the ASA Plugged into port 24
Port 3 is XenServer 1
Port 4 is XenServer 2
Port 5 is Xenserver 3

Switch2 (passive) I have the ASA plugged into port 23
Port 6 is XenServer 1
Port 7 is XenServer 2
Port 8 is XenServer 3

How do I setup those ports, Switch1 3-5 Switch2 6-8, to accommodate all those vlans on each port. Trunking is what Citrix is telling me, though I see no trunking in the gui management console.

PS - There's also going to be a cable going from switch1 to switch2 that I'll need to allow all those vlans to communicate through also.

Thanks for reading, thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 2
kofi
Aspirant

Re: GSM7224V2 and XenServer VLAN

Hi

Get the Switch Administration Guide 8.0,2 and read chapter 3 about VLANs - that should give you a good start.

A problem can be terminologies sometimes:

I guess that Xen documentation references Cisco's naming use for 802.1Q trunks and not 802.3ad Link aggregation. Meaning that you will have links that will transport all the appropriate VLANs on this link - some will have to be tagged (only one can be untagged).
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements