× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need Operational Code for XSM7224S

markewert
Aspirant

Need Operational Code for XSM7224S

Hello,

I am troubleshooting a problem with our XSM7224S ProSAFE switches and seem to have made it worse. The switch was not able to save the running configuration over the startup configuration (the switch would simply hang - we even left it "saving" for three days in case it was simply taking an abnormally long time). And when we aborted the save attempt by resetting the switch, it rebooted with default configurations. In trying to troubleshoot this we noticed that we were getting an error about the backup image CRC not being valid. And the switch was booting off image 2. So I tried copying image 2 over image 1 in the Dual Boot Configuration and now when the switch resets we just get the boot menu with the following error: "operational code CRC is not valid you must load new code".

Unforunately we did not backup the operational code for the XSM7224S (and are not even sure how to do this). I have scoured the forums and Google and cannot find anywhere to download a new copy. Does anyone know where it can be found?

Thanks! 

Model: XSM7224S|ProSAFE 24-port Managed 10G Stackable fiber Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
markewert
Aspirant

Re: Need Operational Code for XSM7224S

Hi DaneA,

Thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunately the firmware (.stk) didn't work. It turns out that I somehow wiped the operational code and per NetGear support the only way to get it back is to RMA the switch. So I have a new one arriving tomorrow. 🙂 If anyone else runs into this issue with the XSM7224S, simply chat with Netgear support and they will help you out.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi markewert,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

For the XSM7224S, a .stk image is available.  Kindly download the XSM7224S image here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
markewert
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

Thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunately the firmware (.stk) didn't work. It turns out that I somehow wiped the operational code and per NetGear support the only way to get it back is to RMA the switch. So I have a new one arriving tomorrow. 🙂 If anyone else runs into this issue with the XSM7224S, simply chat with Netgear support and they will help you out.

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@markewert,

Thanks for the update.  I am glad that NETGEAR Support was able to help you with your concern by having the XSM7224S RMA'd.  🙂  

Let us know if the replacement XSM7224S switch you will receive would work fine. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements