× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear GSM7224v1 does not allow keyboard input in ezconfig via telnet connection

StefanV3
Aspirant

Netgear GSM7224v1 does not allow keyboard input in ezconfig via telnet connection

Hi,

i recently bought an old Netgear GSM7224 Switch. It works fine so far but i have a little problem with "ezconfig" via telnet connection.

I use PuTTY for telnet connection and i am able top connect and login to the console. But after starting "ezconfig" to configure passwords, static ip, i.e. "ezconfig" doesn't accept any keyboard inputs. Also the webinterface isn't reachale anymore from browser until i'll restart the switch.

If i connect to console via COM-Port, it works and any keyboard input is recognized in "ezconfig".

Tried this with Linux and windows 10, COM-Port -> success, telnet -> no success

Any idea? Are there any settings that have to applied in PuTTY or the switch?

Firmware installed is the latest available

Thanks

StefanV3

Model: GSM7224|24-port All Gigabit L2 Managed Switch|EOL
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear GSM7224v1 does not allow keyboard input in ezconfig via telnet connection

@StefanV3,

i recently bought an old Netgear GSM7224 Switch. It works fine so far but i have a little problem with "ezconfig" via telnet connection.

I use PuTTY for telnet connection and i am able top connect and login to the console. But after starting "ezconfig" to configure passwords, static ip, i.e. "ezconfig" doesn't accept any keyboard inputs. Also the webinterface isn't reachale anymore from browser until i'll restart the switch.

Since you mentioned that the GSM7224v1 switch works fine and you just need to restart it in order to access its web-GUI, can you still navigate through its web-GUI?  If yes, what is the current firmware of it? 

If ever the firmware is not yet updated, I suggest you to update it to the latest version.  The latest GSM7224v1 firmware is v6.2.0.14 and you can download it here.  Then, observed if the same problem occurs. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
StefanV3
Aspirant

Re: Netgear GSM7224v1 does not allow keyboard input in ezconfig via telnet connection

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
Yes, after restart WebGUI is available and I am able to navigate.

The Firmware installed is the latest available v6.2.0.14

Are there any settings that have to apply in Webinterface of the Switch?

Thanks

StefanV3
Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@StefanV3,

Yes, after restart WebGUI is available and I am able to navigate.

The Firmware installed is the latest available v6.2.0.14

Are there any settings that have to apply in Webinterface of the Switch?

Thanks for your response.  It's good to know that you are still able to navigate through the web-GUI but I found out that there is no option to factory reset the GSM7224v1 through the web-GUI.

Since you are able to access the GSM7224v1 via console connection through the COM Port ,let us try to reset the GSM7224v1 to factory default settings then reconfigure it from scratch.  Then, observe if the same problem occurs such as a restart is needed in order to access its web-GUI and check the telnet access.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements