× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switch keeps dropping config

habys
Aspirant

Switch keeps dropping config

Switch is mounted in a rack and powered by a dedicated 30a 240v circuit via a APC 5000 UPS. Switch does not appear to be running hot, nor are the fan ports blocked by anything. The switch will periodically reboot, and drop it's config. This is particularly evident as when I attempt to log into the switch, the password has reverted back to 'password'.

I opened a support case # 42587458 in which I was dragged around on the phone by Nino Gora for an age, which ended up in him asking me to provide more logs at a later date. I did so, then the case was closed this morning with no follow up.

My switch is still dropping the config and interrupting my traffic when it reboots. The current uptime for my switch is 16 hours. I assure you, no one in the house is logging into the switch and resetting it to mess with me.

Model: XS708T

Boot version: B1.0.0.11 

Software version: 7.0.0.20

Well, I was going to attach the logs, but that's a dissalowed filetype so, ask me if you want it.

Model: XS708T|8-Port 10-Gigabit Copper Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 Copper/SFP+ Combo Ports
Message 1 of 9
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Switch keeps dropping config

@habys,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

We might need to check the tech support file in order for us to know if this is already a hardware issue. May you be able to send the file via pm?

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 9
habys
Aspirant

I don't mind to send it, but I am curious: Are you saying there's a non-hardware situation in which this model switch repeatedly drops it's config?

Message 3 of 9
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@habys,

That is why we do need the tech support file in order for us to check what seems to be going on with the switch and identify which causes the problem.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 9
habys
Aspirant

Sent two logs, I was going to send another log but it's down for more than 10 minutes, I'll need to power cycle it to get it to do anything again. Most of the times it freaks out it it comes back by itself.

Message 5 of 9
habys
Aspirant

So it never came back. It's just down. My studio isn't functioning when this switch is down, and I can't seem to get anywhere with support. This is terrible.

Message 6 of 9
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@habys,

We do apologize for the inconvenience. I'll send you a pm regarding this matter.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 9
habys
Aspirant

The switch is now no longer staying up long enough for me to even log in and change the password. I can't flash the firmware back to an old version like you asked, I really don't know what else you expect me to do.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cpJCaGQLq6Kij1az6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3GRXAu7Wv2uEfDdq5

Message 8 of 9
habys
Aspirant

I opened case 42666323 Wed, Apr 29, 8:24 PM and told I was going to be contacted. No contact and I still can't use my studio.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements