Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR Armor Linux Clients

mrbeams
Guide

NETGEAR Armor Linux Clients

Some of my home machines are running Ubuntu Linux.  Does the NETEAR Armor have a client for Linux Laptops?  It is not that different from Android.

Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

mrbeams - NETGEAR Armor does not have a client for linux. I can forward this info to our product teams for review.

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
mrbeams
Guide

Thanks Christian,

I am familiar from BitDefender and I was aware of their product https://www.bitdefender.com/support/bitdefender-endpoint-security-tools-for-linux-best-practices-167... and hoped it might be included.  One other thing for Armor I would suggest.  On devices that do have Protection services running, I wish Armor did not try to get me to switch,  My company uses McAfee and I have another business computer that uses Norton.  Both have endpoint security and are tightly managed but the lac of Armor "lowers" my network score, incorrectly.

Message 3 of 6
keithjnewman
Guide

@Christian_R wrote:

mrbeams - NETGEAR Armor does not have a client for linux. I can forward this info to our product teams for review.

Christian 

Did this suggestion gain any legs? I too have several Linux machines in my home network and would appreciate a Linux client.

Message 4 of 6
mrbeams
Guide

I did not pursue as I only have One Linux box.

Message 5 of 6
djallits
Initiate

I would be greatly interested in this as well. Bitdefender already provides clients for several popular distros. I think now it is an issue of properly including a license file.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7