× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After installation of BitTorrent Sync app no longer access to Admin Page

Peter-J-H
Tutor

After installation of BitTorrent Sync app no longer access to Admin Page

Dear,

I need help with the following:

After I have installed  the BitTorrent Sync app,  I received the ReadyNAS Alert Message (NAS-PH-102 System: Notice)

“Application BitTorrent Sync is installed successfully.” so far OK however:

I have no longer:

• Access to the admin page!
  • Access to previous network connections!
  • Can’t view files in windows.

Calling the admin page to login by entering the IP address, it starts with a progress bar: “Connecting to the readyNas Admin page” (takes at least 2 minutes) message: “ReadyNas admin Page is offline”

I have installed RAIDar utility version 6.2, after starting it provides the following information:

• Model ReadyNas 102
  • Name OK
  • Serial OK
  • Status “Healthy”
  • Firmware 6.6.0
  • IP Address: 10.x.x.xx
  • Drives 2x are OK

Available buttons:

• After clicking on the “admin page” button: “Connecting to the readyNas Admin page” (takes at least 2 minutes) message: “ReadyNas admin Page is offline”

• After clicking on “browse” button: it opens the windows “document” files?????

• After clicking on “download logs” button: Downloading in progress “connecting to the ReadyNas” message “Download process failed”

• After clicking on “diagnostics” button: message “failed to get diagnostic message”

• Restart button: works and restarts

However when I connect trough “READYCLOUD” I can see the RN102 folders and can access them!!!!!

Another observation, all media files, photos, videos, pictures and music can be accessed through Windows Media Connect compatible (ReadyNAS)?????

Many thanks for a swift reply,

Peter

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
Peter-J-H
Tutor

Re: After installation of BitTorrent Sync app no longer access to Admin Page

Hi,

I did it the ahrd way, factory reset!

My system is running again.

Thanks

Peter

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 14

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Peter-J-H,

What happens when you enter \\ followed by the IP address of the NAS?

Have you tried opening another web browser and type http:// followed by the IP address of the NAS?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 14
Peter-J-H
Tutor

Hi JennC,

What is strange is that when I search with advanced IP scanner the RN102 it is no longer returning the IP address for the login page? (as it did before)

For now, after entering the IP address it is not returning the login page!

I tried in Opera, Chrome and Edge the only way I can call the login page is trough RAIDar.

Clicking on the admin button it asks me for my credentials, after completing I hit enter and a message bar appears: “connecting to the ReadyNas Admin page” which takes at least 2 minutes. At the end I get the message “Readynas Admin Page is offline”

I can access all media files which is weird except other folders on my NAS.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Peter

Message 3 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Peter-J-H,

What happens when you open Windows explorer (not IE) and enter \\ followed by the IP address of the NAS? If this gets you to the share of the NAS, please back up all of the data.

Regards,

Message 4 of 14
Peter-J-H
Tutor

Hi JennC,

Sorry but I was traveling,

I've enterd as you asked the NAS IP address, it opens Opera asking for my credentials, user name and password. When entering the info it starts to loading the admin page, the message bar appears: “connecting to the ReadyNas Admin page” which takes at least 2 minutes. At the end I get the message “Readynas Admin Page is offline”

I can' connect to the NAS except trough ReadyCloud and view all media files only???????

Regards

peter

Message 5 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Peter-J-H,

Windows explorer is a not a web browser. It is the same windows when you open Documents folder. Please try that.

Regards,

Message 6 of 14
Peter-J-H
Tutor

Hi JennC, yes I know Windows explorer is a not a web browser! I did exactly what you asked, entering the IP address in explorer, as soon as I hit enter it jumps to my web-browser! I will jump to the dummy solution and reboot to factory settings...... I know it will delete all content on my drives. Thanks anyway. Regards Peter
Message 7 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Peter-J-H,

And that you should be entering backslash \\ not // which is a forward slash. Entering forward slash will also open web browser.

Regards,

Message 8 of 14
Peter-J-H
Tutor

Hi JennC,

yes I did and it asks me to select a sertificate from a list? (a popup window appears)

Regards

Peter

Message 9 of 14
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Peter-J-H,

Just to be clear, \\ followed by the IP address of the NAS is to check if you can access the shares and data stored to the NAS. If it asks you to log in, use the admin credentials. This is by the way, if you have important data stored to the NAS that you cannot factory reset it.

Regards,

Message 10 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@JennC wrote:

Just to be clear, \\ followed by the IP address of the NAS is to check if you can access the shares and data stored to the NAS. If it asks you to log in, use the admin credentials. 

Assuming you are running XRAID, another option is to run CMD and type

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nas-ip-address\data /user:admin nas-admin-password

using the real IP address and NAS admin password of course.  The second command should mount the NAS data volume as drive letter t.  Be careful on the typing - both the direction of the slashes and the spaces matter.

The benefits of the CMD approach are that it clears out any existing sessions (and their credentials), and that the credentials are presented up front.

Message 11 of 14
Peter-J-H
Tutor

Hi Stephen, after proceeding as described it return the question do you want to overwrite the existing connection? (y/n) I confirmed with Y returns with: System error 53, Cannot find the network path. (however the drive letter and path is visible in the cmd window) I appreciate the effort but I chose to go for the short pain...... no further assistance required. Best regards Peter
Message 12 of 14
StephenB
Guru

FWIW you do need to enter Y if you are prompted on the first command.

Message 13 of 14
Peter-J-H
Tutor

Hi,

I did it the ahrd way, factory reset!

My system is running again.

Thanks

Peter

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats