× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Great service for my NV

garethjjones
Aspirant

Great service for my NV

Last week the PSU on my Infrant NV that I bought in 2006 failed. After contacting Netgear support it turns out is was one of the dodgy ones in this post viewtopic.php?p=54911#p54911 - so a new PSU was RMA'd to me. It arrived this morning and is now installed, and the NV is back up and running.

Hopefully for another 6 years... 😄
Message 1 of 2
convergent
Aspirant

Re: Great service for my NV

I just went through a similar experience with an old Infrant NV+ that lost a power supply. I didn't think it was still covered, so bought a Duo V2 to fill the gap (I use this strictly to backup another newer NAS). Then while talking about a V2 problem on here, it was suggested that I could get an RMA on the old NV+, so I gave Netgear a call. They checked my records and mentioned that the power supply had been replaced in 2009.. which I had forgotten about. I thought the result at that point was going to be that it wasn't covered, but much to my surprise they RMA'd me a replacement unit... the whole thing. When I opened, the box, I have a new in box ReadyNAS NV+ (V3), so it has the updated fan, updated trays, etc.. I have to say I am shocked and surprised at this service. I would never have expected a company to replace a whole unit that old. I know a lot of people are frustrated with a lack of product innovation progress, but Netgear still seems to have good service and I think they still offer a lower cost for similar NAS capability compared with the other brands.

Now if they can just fix a couple of backup problems on the Duo V2, it would be fantastic.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements