× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Network Adaptor Changes

GeorgeB007
Tutor

Network Adaptor Changes

I've had my ReadyNAS 104 for quote a few years now, but have noticed this a while ago that when a change is made to the network adaptor, the unit becomes completly frozen. Waited a few months to see if any patches would cure the problem, but no luck as done the same tonight and now currently re-syncing because the only to gain access to it is to unplug and plug back in.

Any thgouhts? 

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @GeorgeB007, for better understanding would you mind telling how frequent you do these changes to your network adaptor and what these changes are, should say what do you want to achieve by these changes?

Kind regards

Message 2 of 6
GeorgeB007
Tutor

It's not often I make change to it, but when I do, random number and letters appear on the front display and just hangs 

IMG_0040.jpeg

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

That's a crash location, so something is wrong.

What firmware are you running?  Is your NAS still covered by warranty (3 years for the original purchaser)?

Message 4 of 6
GeorgeB007
Tutor

Firmware is 6.9.4

No, had it for about 5 years.
Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Maybe try the 6.9.5 beta ( https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta/ReadyNASOS-6-9-5-RC1/m-p/1656915#M10309 )

It's at release candidate 1, so it should be near production release, and you can revert back to 6.9.4 if you like.  It does have several stability fixes for the RN100.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements