× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 System Volume Root Storage 98%

AFlesher
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 System Volume Root Storage 98%

I have received the following alert message:-

System volume root's usage is 98%. This condition should not occur under normal conditions. Contact technical support.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Andrew F.

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 104 System Volume Root Storage 98%

@AFlesher wrote:

I have received the following alert message:-

System volume root's usage is 98%. This condition should not occur under normal conditions. Contact technical support.

You can try emailinng support, not sure if you can get a good response in time.  I'm tagging the mods, in case they are willing to help - @Mark_V and @JeraldM 

If this continues, the NAS configuration files can become corrupted, and you will almost certainly lose access.

1. Make sure you have an up-to-date backup of your files.
  2. What firmware are you running?
  3. What apps are installed on the ReadyNAS?
  4. Do you have any experience with the linux command line interface (ssh)?
Message 2 of 4
AFlesher
Aspirant

Thank you.  I looked through some other similar discussions and I seem to have resolved the problem by deleting a number of Temp files form the root of the NAS.  No further alert messages received since.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@AFlesher wrote:

Thank you.  I looked through some other similar discussions and I seem to have resolved the problem by deleting a number of Temp files form the root of the NAS.  No further alert messages received since.

Good.  Normally the root is about 25% full - if you are substantially over that, then you might want to analyze it some more.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements