× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 314 Stuck on Welcome Screen

thecypha
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 314 Stuck on Welcome Screen

Hi guys,

I have a ReadyNAS 31400 that is stuck on the "NETGEAR Storage Welcome" page when plugged in. It doesnt even make it to the boot menu. I've tried the reset with the paperclip in the back and plugging a USB recovery into the eSATA port at the front holding the "backup" button but nothing seems to change this.

Any suggestions before this becomes a rather large and heavy paperweight? 

Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@thecypha wrote:

I have a ReadyNAS 31400 that is stuck on the "NETGEAR Storage Welcome" page when plugged in. It doesnt even make it to the boot menu. I've tried the reset with the paperclip in the back and plugging a USB recovery into the eSATA port at the front holding the "backup" button but nothing seems to change this.

Any suggestions before this becomes a rather large and heavy paperweight? 

Sounds like it could be a power supply issue.

Are you hearing the fan?

Message 2 of 7
sharmy
Apprentice

I had this same issue on my 626X last week. Fortunately, it was still under warranty.

Per Stephen's post - do the disks spin up and does the fan run? If not, agree that it may be a power supply issue.

Have you tried booting with a new (blank) disk?

If none of this works, I suspect the memory may be the culprit. Of course, if you can't get to the boot menu, no way to initiate the memory test. If you have a spare module available, try swapping it out and testing.

Message 3 of 7
thecypha
Aspirant

Can confirm that the fan is spinning but the system is not detecting any disks (no light for drive 1/2/3/4). I have tried turning it on without disks and also with a blank spare disk but nothing changes. 

Not the power system as I also have a 104 and the power supply is the same so I tried swapping the power supply cable and that didn't change anything.

How do I access the RAM to swap sticks to see if that's the culprit?

Message 4 of 7
sharmy
Apprentice

Message 5 of 7
thecypha
Aspirant

Thanks Sharmy,

Swapped the RAM to both a 2gb and 4gb 10600 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM stick and nothing changed. Still stuck on that welcome screen. 

Removing RAM and turning on shows a MEMORY ERROR but thats the only thing that can change this screen.

Any other ideas? 

Message 6 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

Since a 314 has an HDMI port, I suggest you connect to it and see if you see anything that gives additional clues during boot.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements