× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 424 - Channel won't format after deleting Audit option

Jezzzero99
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 424 - Channel won't format after deleting Audit option

I was trying to delete a channel/disk volume to recreate a new on use the channel 3 but I had to delete/remove the Audit files first and now I'm not able to use that drive (format or recreate partition, nothing).

Could somebody help me out? I can send you the logs if needed. I'm uploading a screenshot of the current setup.

Thanks, 

Markus

Model: RN424|ReadyNAS 424 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 4-Bay
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 424 - Channel won't format after deleting Audit option

First I'd try rebooting the NAS.  If that doesn't resolve it, then I'd try removing/reinserting the disk with the NAS running.

If neither works, then remove the disk, and connect it to a Windows PC (either with SATA or a USB adapter/dock).  I'd test it with vendor tools (Seatools for Seagate, the WD Digital Dashboard for Western Digital).  I'd first run the normal "long" test, and follow that up with the write zeros/erase test.  The write zeros will remove partitions from the disk, so you should then be able to format it in the NAS.

Message 2 of 3
Jezzzero99
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 424 - Channel won't format after deleting Audit option

Okay thanks... I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to hook it to a computer to do this. A little bit of an inconvience.

Thanks for your input.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements