× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS Device Compatibility List

TsUPeR
Aspirant

V_Gabor wrote:
Successful Hardware Compatibility Test Report:

The APC CS 350 (model# BK350EI) UPS is working well with my ReadyNAS NV+ (RNV2-S2-X450).

FrontView reports UPS correctly in Status & a test power cut-off is recorded in the Log. Not tested the auto power off when UPS is running off of energy though.

I can confirm this so please put it up on the list.

My Epson Stylus Photo 870 showed up nicely as well

/TsU
Message 76 of 450
Mitzi_Morris
Aspirant

please add HP DeskJet 4200 to USB Printers page

this just worked for me - connected to ReadyNAS NV+ from
machines running XP and XP Home.

cheers,

Mitzi
Message 77 of 450
emonkia
Aspirant

Western Digital MyBook 500 GB

I have successfully used the WD MyBook 500 GB USB drive on the ReadyNAS NV+.

I don't think it will matter but, before attaching it, I had changed to partition type 83 and formatted to ext3 file system.

I read some reports on the net about a few WD MyBooks not working correctly with Linux. Not sure how Western Digital could mess that up, but at least the USB 500GB one works.
Message 78 of 450
trevorsm
Aspirant

The Hardware Compatibility List does not list ANY valid PCI Ethernet cards. It only list which ones are not valid. Should we assume that all other cards are compatible?
Message 79 of 450
TsUPeR
Aspirant

TsUPeR wrote:
V_Gabor wrote:
Successful Hardware Compatibility Test Report:

The APC CS 350 (model# BK350EI) UPS is working well with my ReadyNAS NV+ (RNV2-S2-X450).

FrontView reports UPS correctly in Status & a test power cut-off is recorded in the Log. Not tested the auto power off when UPS is running off of energy though.

I can confirm this so please put it up on the list.

My Epson Stylus Photo 870 showed up nicely as well

/TsU

After a major power out take, I can 100% assure the UPS works 😉
Message 80 of 450
ChuckyChesthair
Aspirant

Just upgraded the memory, figured I'd list my devices

Hey, I just changed the memory and ran it through 2 tests that worked fine. (now let's see if it actually helps speed things up, but we'll see that later)

Anyway, here's some things that might be added to the compatibility list.

My machine:
Model: ReadyNAS X6-TL [X-RAID]
Firmware: RAIDiator 4.00c1-p2 [1.00a037]

Switch it's connected to:
Digitus 5 port gigabit switch "Vistesse Chipset"
(no jumbo frames or anything like that, just simple gigabit)

Snazio Net DVD Cinema HD SZ-1350
(I was planning to also use the picture and audio parts of it, and they can read from the readynas, but the interface is so bad, it's just not worth it, besides, over half my artists aren't listed when I try to browse that.. medium sized music collection, currently 18607 tracks in itunes, 18636 when going to the firefly version 🙂 Long story short, just browsing the video folder and playing the files there works pretty well)

Memory: 1024 MB [2.0-3-3-7]
Kingston KVR333x64SC25/1G

CC
Message 81 of 450
MarkusB
Aspirant

Thanks for the 2 new 1TB drives from WD in the HCL.

But there is a little fault: the correct model description is WD10EACS and not WD1000EACS.

Markus
Message 82 of 450
Han_Solo
Tutor

MarkusB wrote:
Thanks for the 2 new 1TB drives from WD in the HCL.

But there is a little fault: the correct model description is WD10EACS and not WD1000EACS.

Markus

What!? I don't know what you are talking about it says WD10EACS. 😎

Thanks for pointing that out, I updated the list. 🙂
Message 83 of 450
MarkusB
Aspirant

Sarotech HD Enclosure FHD-354UF2

I can report the following HD Enclosure working:

Sarotech FHD-354UF2 so called "HardBox M"

It's a USB 2.0 (and FireWire) Enclosure for 3,5 PATA Drives.
There exist also models for SATA.

I formatted from Frontview in FAT32 and EXT3, in both conditions it was reachable from Windows and OS X.

I have a used Maxtor 80 GB drive in it. (allowed up to 700GB)

Here is the Website with the Specs.:
http://www.sarotech.com/english/product ... _pata.html

Regards
Markus
Message 84 of 450
lnby
Aspirant

we have two readynas NV+ boxes (netgear branded) running 4.00c1-p2 [1.00a037] on X-RAID and all external drives are formatted to NTFS.

the following drives/enclosures are working flawlessly on both units and have been for 3 months+;

USB2 Drives
6x Seagate FreeAgent Desktop 500GB 7200RPM 8MB USB
ST305004FDC1E1-RK

1x LaCie 320GB 7200RPM USB2 8MB

Enclosures;
4x Akasa 3.5" ESATA ENCLOSURE
AK-ENP2SATA-BKU

The SATA drives for the above
4x Hitachi Deskstar T7K250 160Gb S300
HDS721616PLA380

only problem we've had is with a cheap belkin ups :lol:
Message 85 of 450
apveenstra
Aspirant

On the page with the changes/fixes for the RAIDiator 4.01c1-p1 firmware (http://www.readynas.com/?p=48) under "Bug fixes" it says "2. Support Samsung 1TB drives"
Does this mean the Samsung 1T drives are now considered to be compatible?
They are still listed in the HCL as incompatible.

Alexander
Message 86 of 450
chirpa
Luminary

The wiki is being phased out, updated HCL info is going here (which does list the Samsung): http://www.readynas.com/hcl/
Message 87 of 450
road2ruin
Aspirant

Hi chirpa,

Please add the Freecom MusicPal in category "Network Music Players". It works fine here.

Thx,
road2ruin
Message 88 of 450
Firestone
Aspirant

I have four 1TB drives WDC WD1000FYPS-01ZKB0 in my ReadyNAS NV+ working with RIADator 4.01c1-p1 with no problems sofar. Only the expansion to recognise the big sizes took some hours. Odd thing is that RAIDar still mentions version 3.01 in the about box, but displays 4.01 in the info column.
BTW: of the 4 TB there will be 2.6 TB left in X-raid configuration.
Message 89 of 450
odysseus1
Aspirant

Any problems when using the ReadyNAS Duo with an Apple Airport Extreme Base Station (GigE ports)?
Message 90 of 450
aztlan_la
Aspirant

You add the HP Laserjet 3330 USB Printer to the compatible list. I connected it and added to 5 PC's they all print fine to it.
Message 91 of 450
ajwhitlock
Aspirant

Sorry but I need to get this off my chest...

What is the point of an HCL if Netgear are just going to remove things from it and hence stop support?

I bought 8 WD 1TB drives for 2 ReadyNAS's (1 original, 1 plus) because they were on the list. Now they have been removed. In fact it is even worse than that, I was in the middle of a support log (via the online system) when support was pulled! The first replies I got were helpful then, just like that, I get a reply saying "sorry but the drives you are using are not on the HCL and hence not supported".

Netgear should stand by their HCL list. If they remove something from it then they should continue to provide support for all those who bought items on the list provided they did so before it was removed.

Unless they feel like swapping my £1200 worth of HDDs for ones that are (for the moment at least) on the HCL?
Message 92 of 450
ginigma
Aspirant

Well, as someone with WD10EACS drives, who bought them because they were on the HCL, I'm a bit annoyed, but it just goes to show that companies just can't test their products with other manufacturers products long enough to be sure, yet fast enough for consumers.

I really, really hope that WD and Netgear are working quickly toward a good resolution, meaning a firmware fix for the drives or ReadyNAS. It really doesn't look good for WD as their "green" drives can't be powered down properly to save energy. I would think/hope that WD is working on a fix.
Message 93 of 450
Sunday_Afterno1
Aspirant

I was about to buy some WD 1TB drives. I was leery when I noticed that the desktop version was removed from the HCL. Now the enterprise one has gone too.

Come on Infrant/Netgear, this is not good enough!

As indicated above, people do use the HCL for purchasing decisions and are left holding the bag. 1200 quid ($2400) is a lot of incompatible hardware.
Message 94 of 450
chirpa
Luminary

Come on Infrant/Netgear, this is not good enough!
When WD updates their firmware to fix the issue, the drives will be reviewed again for the HCL. Until then, as long as you keep disk spin-down disabled, you should be doing alright.

I would think/hope that WD is working on a fix.
They are.

I've noticed other manufacturer NAS HCLs also have the GP listed with warnings of the same nature. As with Seagate and their SN04 firmware issue, give it time and it will be sorted out.
Message 95 of 450
ajwhitlock
Aspirant

I don't have any issue with Netgear suspending problem drives from the HCL list although I feel this issue should have been discovered before their addition to the list but I do have a problem with support being pulled for those of us that bought these drives while they were on the list.

If Netgear doesn't stand by their own list then it really is pointless.
Message 96 of 450
chirpa
Luminary

If you are having an issue that phone support won't help you with, make a thread on here and someone here can try and help you out.

Looks like you called in about freezing, make a thread, explain the problem, then send in your system logs as described in the link in my signature.
Message 97 of 450
ajwhitlock
Aspirant

chirpa wrote:
If you are having an issue that phone support won't help you with, make a thread on here and someone here can try and help you out.

Looks like you called in about freezing, make a thread, explain the problem, then send in your system logs as described in the link in my signature.

Thank you very much for the offer of help. It is appreciated. Fortunately I have now fixed the problem using the rather brutal approach of resetting the NV back to factory condition and starting again. Thankfully I had already cleared the data off of the unit once it started playing up. This seems to have fixed all the problems. Of course, I still have the spin down disabled. :wink:

My concern still stands though. I have 2 NV's myself and have sold quite a few more. At present I could not recommend then anymore as I do not trust the support offered by Netgear. If one of my customers had bought an NV with four of these drives through me I could now be in a very embarrassing and possibly expensive situation.

The HCL list needs to be accurate. Any mistakes that are made need to be covered by Netgear. Without this support the list is fairly useless.
Message 98 of 450
chirpa
Luminary

ajwhitlock wrote:
The HCL list needs to be accurate. Any mistakes that are made need to be covered by Netgear.
I would say it is accurate, the drives can show problems, so they are not currently on the list. As said many times, when WD makes an update that works, they will be re-added. Having them on the list right now will just get even more support calls saying 'im getting ata errors on my drives'. It wasn't a mistake, and you can still use your drives, just keep disk spin-down disabled until it is worked out.
Message 99 of 450
andyp269
Aspirant

Hi,
I'm using a ReadyNas Duo and would like to add a network dvd player to my network.
I googled a bit and found the KiSS 1600 pretty interesting. Unfortunately it isn't listed in the compatibility list. Can anybody tell me if it's possible that it works anyway?

Thanks!
Message 100 of 450
Top Contributors
Announcements