× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas 102 2013 - compatible version

blushark
Aspirant

ReadyNas 102 2013 - compatible version

My readynas (2013) finally died. The drives are ok, its just that the unit does not boot up or read the drives. What versions of readynas are compatible where I can just swap out the drives to another readynas device? Thinking if I could find one on ebay, I could just insert my drives and I will be able to access the data on my drives and eventually move everything off to another more modern NAS system.

Model: RN10223D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (2x 3TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 102 2013 - compatible version

@blushark wrote:

My readynas (2013) finally died. The drives are ok, its just that the unit does not boot up or read the drives. 

Often this is just the power brick - which can be replaced very easily.  So perhaps do a risk-buy of a replacement.

@blushark wrote:

What versions of readynas are compatible where I can just swap out the drives to another readynas device? 

RN102, RN104, RN202, RN204, RN212, RN214 are all Arm ReadyNAS that run OS-6.  If you migrate to those, then your installed apps will still work.

There are a lot more x86 OS-6 ReadNAS models - RN31x, RN42x, RN51x, RN52x, RN62x, RN71x models (where "x" is the number of bays).  You can directly migrate to those as well - data will all be there.  But any arm-specific apps will no longer work.

The older ReadyNAS Pro, Ultra, and Ultra Plus models can be converted to OS-6 (which requires a spare disk).  Once converted, you can directly migrate to those (though since they are x86, arm-specific apps will also no longer work).

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas 102 2013 - compatible version

@blushark wrote:

My readynas (2013) finally died. The drives are ok, its just that the unit does not boot up or read the drives. 

Often this is just the power brick - which can be replaced very easily.  So perhaps do a risk-buy of a replacement.

@blushark wrote:

What versions of readynas are compatible where I can just swap out the drives to another readynas device? 

RN102, RN104, RN202, RN204, RN212, RN214 are all Arm ReadyNAS that run OS-6.  If you migrate to those, then your installed apps will still work.

There are a lot more x86 OS-6 ReadNAS models - RN31x, RN42x, RN51x, RN52x, RN62x, RN71x models (where "x" is the number of bays).  You can directly migrate to those as well - data will all be there.  But any arm-specific apps will no longer work.

The older ReadyNAS Pro, Ultra, and Ultra Plus models can be converted to OS-6 (which requires a spare disk).  Once converted, you can directly migrate to those (though since they are x86, arm-specific apps will also no longer work).

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements