× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recover password not working

RJSConsultants
Aspirant

Recover password not working

Hi

Trying to recover my lost password however an error comes up when going through the forgot password on the readycloud site:

'There was an error recovering the password.

Please retry.

null'

I cannot get a recovery email

Message 1 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Recover password not working

@RJSConsultants

Welcome to the Community!

Have you set Password recovery thru Email before? Have you tried using a different browser?

If Email recovery was setup before then it should get you a recovery E-mail once successfully done. Maybe trying other browser first or even another PC might help.

Otherwise, if you have not set it up or still having the same issue after trying on another, doing OS-Reinstall would be the next solution.

HTH

Message 2 of 7
RJSConsultants
Aspirant

HI

I have tried on multiple pc's as well as different accounts that I have used the forgot password option on, as well as my phone.  The message still comes up.  I think it may be a problem with the website itself (http://readycloud.netgear.com/)

I put a screenshot of the error in my first post.

Message 3 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

Do you have email alerts enabled, and do they work?

If all else fails, you still have the option of an OS re-install, which sets the password to the default but does not mess with your data.  It does also switch IP addressing to DHCP, should you currently have it as static.

Message 4 of 7
RJSConsultants
Aspirant

I'm sorry but reinstalling the OS should have nothing to do with the ReadyCLOUD website not working.  Considering these are cloud accounts with netgear the issue is with them.

Account email alerts work just fine.  I have managed to reset the password by going to netgear.com and doing it from there, however there is still the issue with http://readycloud.netgear.com/ password recovery not working.  Trying with multiple accounts and multiple computers the same message still appears.  Please try it yourself.

Message 5 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@RJSConsultants

i thought you were recovering a Password but instead you are resetting a ReadyCloud account.

You are correct resetting it on netgear portal my.netgear.com or www.netgear.com works just fine since its a SSO account.

The reason for that not to work is due to a reports by users where they were receiving Emails to reset their password without them requesting it. So disabling it has been one of the measures to protect the accounts.

I believe there has been notice about this and currently being investigated

Thanks!

Regards

Message 6 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

@Marc_V wrote:

The reason for that not to work is due to a reports by users where they were receiving Emails to reset their password without them requesting it. So disabling it has been one of the measures to protect the accounts.

Have you considered those may be due to someone trying to get into the wrong account or attempting to hack one, and not a fault in your notification system?  Getting notices when somebody inadvertently tries to get into the wrong account can be a PITA, especially when they are persistent, but you really want the users to know if somebody is trying to hack their account.

I get similar notices from Facebook all the time, as some idiot clearly thinks my account is theirs.  In fact, I only created the account because somebody (probably the same somebody) kept trying to create one using my email address and I got "Please confirm your account" messages with no way to say "heck no, that's not me".

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements