× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: cant login

slmzD
Aspirant

cant login

hi.. just restarted my router.. my ip on my 104 changed and now my username and password wont work on the "web browser" any more 😕
anyone know what's up with that?
Message 1 of 13
dishmagic66
Guide

I had the same problem. It is something to do with the certificates. Delete them and most likely it works again or try a browser you have not trijde with your nas yet.
Message 2 of 13
slmzD
Aspirant

hmm tried both..
the username and password is still not working 😞
but i can stream
Message 3 of 13
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Try resetting the password via password recovery or an OS Re-install
Message 4 of 13
slmzD
Aspirant

well if i reinstall wont all my settings and files be lost? dont want that 😃
and where do i reset the password for "admin" login for web page? ( i just want to manage and use my readynas again 😛 )
Message 5 of 13
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

A factory default wipes all data, settings, everything. An OS Re-install does not. See http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22817/~/how-do-i-recover-the-administrator-password-on...

Before you try an OS Re-install, see if Password Recovery helps: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22817/~/how-do-i-recover-the-administrator-password-on...
Message 6 of 13
slmzD
Aspirant

well.. thats nice.. recover password failed 😛 what a shitty box.. didnt even have to touch it for it to get messed up

but ty for the help 😃 a os reinstall did the trick.. now i just have to fix the settings in putty 😃 much better than loosing all my data 😃
Message 7 of 13
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Did you setup a password recovery question? If you didn't then that would explain why it didn't work.

What version of ReadyNAS OS is on your system (the latest is currently 6.0.8).

If you change settings manually without updating the sqlite database /var/readynasd/db.sq3 you will likely lose most of your manual settings changes when you reboot.

You should change settings using the UI, but have SSH access available should you need it to easily fix problems.

If the admin password somehow changed (I'm not sure how it changed on your system)

You could SSH in and enter:

# passwd admin

Then after changing the password, login to Frontview and change the password once more.
Message 8 of 13
slmzD
Aspirant

well I have no idea myself.. ye i have 6.0. I just manage some apps etc in putty.
yes I did set up a password recovery question, and answer.
so a reboot on my router and a new ip.. and suddenly I couln't log in. never seen that before :=)
Message 9 of 13
tantran81
Aspirant

Hi,

I have similar problem can't access /admin page anymore.

Tried to Re-install OS but no luck. Also try to reset to factory default after that but still can't log in to Control Panel.

It keep prompted for username and password which I assume default one (admin, password). It happened on both IE or Firefox

I'm using NR104 firmware 4.1

Any ideas why this happen?
Message 10 of 13
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you given support a call for help?
Message 11 of 13
tantran81
Aspirant

Unfortunately, support only cover for first 90 days since initial purchase
Message 12 of 13
StephenB
Guru

You can still use support.netgear.com.

I am confused on your model number though - you say you have RN104 using firmware 4.1??? The NV+ v1 uses 4.1.x firmware, the RN104 runs 6.x.x

BTW The default password for 4.1.x firmware is netgear1.
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements