Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to remove Vendor/Manufacture Name Of Netgear nighthawk R8000 Router

Hassanofbeacon
Aspirant

How to remove Vendor/Manufacture Name Of Netgear nighthawk R8000 Router

Hi Community,

it is my first question ever from any community, Hope you people will sort out.

Actually i want to change my Router's manufacturer/Vendor name. (i google it, it is possible by changing mac address, but i think there is no way to change Router's Mac address).

So, If you people know, How to change vendor name or remove vendor name. It will be great help for me..

Screenshot 2024-06-19 154048.png

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

You cannot do that. Not supported

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Hassanofbeacon
Aspirant

Anyone up for Answer??

Message 2 of 4
microchip8
Master

You cannot do that. Not supported
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Remove Vendor/Manufacture Name Of Netgear nighthawk R8000 Router

@Hassanofbeacon wrote:

it is my first question ever from any community,.

Interesting. I can find at least three times in different sections and threads.

@Hassanofbeacon wrote:

Hope you people will sort out.

We're happy to assist on real issues, but neither the unpaid community members participating in our spare time. However, we can't help with such modifications.

@Hassanofbeacon wrote:

Actually i want to change my Router's manufacturer/Vendor name. (i google it, it is possible by changing mac address, but i think there is no way to change Router's Mac address).

So, If you people know, How to change vendor name or remove vendor name. It will be great help for me..

What you have shown is data coming from database which is part of your Wi-Fi scanner or analyzer application.

Sure, the Product name (plus some more) information might be visible over the network (mostly on the LAN or the WLAN). The OUI part is intentionally set by all vendors to start the OUI in the MAC address. FMI:  https://standards.ieee.org/faqs/regauth/

While it's your own router, you can do almost everything you desire. But don't cry or complain here if things re no longer working as designed and intended.

Blunt theory, you might be able to change the base MAC address from where the numbering for the LAN or sometimes the first wireless adapter. Said that,  you must exactly know about the internal design and data structures.

What on earth you want to achieve here - the "perfect" privacy, or some security by obscurity? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series