Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Issues with R6700v3 router - "Hmmmm.....can't reach this page"

vinnyd51
Tutor

Issues with R6700v3 router - "Hmmmm.....can't reach this page"

I posted an issue with this router about a month or so ago. It is in a second home and it seemed like every time we got there our internet was out. This began after the cable company installed a new modem. A few of you suggested resetting the router and updating the firmware to V1.0.4.106_10.0.80. I did both and we haven't had that problem since. Now, however, I have noticed that when I go to most sites I get a screen that says "Hmmmm...can't reach this page". Then, a few seconds later, the correct site comes up. This occurs whether I use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. Once again, the cable company tells me there must be a problem with the router. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 13

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? 

Did this start happening after the FW udpate? If so, might go back to prior working version of FW. 

Message 2 of 13
vinnyd51
Tutor

Thanks for the quick reply. The modem is an Arris model #TM2902A. This issue did start happening after the firmware update. I'm afraid to revert back to the previous firmware version so as not to have the original problem again of losing my internet connection periodically. I can live with this new issue if necessary.

Message 3 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Is IPv6 enabled or disabled under Advanced Tab/Advanced settings? 

Can revert FW back if necessary. Some newer FW users have expressed seeing problems with across many router models. Some found gong back resolves there problems seen on newer FW. 

Message 4 of 13
vinnyd51
Tutor

It is disabled. Is that the problem? I see 8 options, but enabled is not one of them.

Message 5 of 13
plemans
Guru

Try enabling IPv6. 

that can  helpin some instances. 

In others, people have had to downgrade to the older firmware. 

Message 6 of 13
plemans
Guru

Message 7 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Lets try this first, power OFF the ISP modem and router for 1 minute, then back ON. Check for this.

What happens if you try using a custome DNS addresses on the router? Say Googles or Cloudfare? 

After than try enabling IPv6 and try using Auto DHCP and check for this. 

Message 8 of 13
vinnyd51
Tutor

Powering off modem and router did not help. Not sure about changing DNS address as I am not that tech savvy. I'd like to try enabling IPv6 but, as I mentioned, there is no "enable" option. There is a DHCP option (not auto DHCP), an "auto detect" and an "auto config" along with 6 other options. Which one do I choose? 

Message 9 of 13
plemans
Guru

try auto detect

Message 10 of 13
vinnyd51
Tutor

Will do. Thanks!

Message 11 of 13
vinnyd51
Tutor

Once I selected "auto detect" the setting deferred to "6to4 Tunnel". It seems to have eliminated the problem. Interesting part is, I called the cable company to see what IPv6 connection type they are using and was told they don't use IPv6 yet. 

Thanks again for your help. I'll let you know if the problem occurs again.

Happy Holidays.

Regards,

Vinny

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7