Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Macbook Pro not connecting to 5G on R6700v3 — Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Rout

SJIrish54
Tutor

Macbook Pro not connecting to 5G on R6700v3 — Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router

I've tried changing channels with no impact.  Using the channel that Mac WIFI Diagnostics scan recommends.

Nothing seems to help.  I'm only a few feet away from the router and in the same room.  iPad and iPhone are able to connect to 5G without issue.

I've installed the latest firmware and that did not change the situation.

Anyone find a solution to this problem?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Macbook Pro not connecting to 5G on R6700v3 — Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Rout

If everything but the one device connect, what makes you think its the router causing the issue? 

I would go into the mac and clear out any retained network settings and see if that helps

Message 2 of 6
SJIrish54
Tutor

Totally see it as a Mac issue and not a router issue.  Was not implying otherwise.  Mentioned the firmware update just to eliminate that as a possible suggestion for resolution.  Will try the suggested clearing process next opportunity I get.

Message 3 of 6
Jeffgear
Luminary

What happens when the iPhone and iPad are shutdown, does the Mac stay on 2.4G after a reboot and re-association with the SSID? Can you disable 2.4G on the router so it only offers 5G and see if the Mac associates?

Message 4 of 6
SJIrish54
Tutor

I'm traveling at the moment and can't try those things but will at my earliest opportunity.  I do have a second location I work out of that only has 5G frequency activated.  I am able to connect fine.  The challenge is, there are some devices that only support 2.4G frequency.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
ArdithPBrown
Aspirant

I'm also facing same issue, R6700v3 is not connecting on my laptop. It keeps disconnecting again and again.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7