Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Model C6900 Firmware

Aaron_Beal
Follower

Model C6900 Firmware

Firmware for my Modem Router is apparently out of date.  I bought this new and my firmware is several versions behind ... I own this modem outright, my service provider technician says I need to download and update the firmware.  However this site is saying I need to talk to the service provider download the update.  so Im stuck ... How can I download the latest version update my router.

My version is dropping a 400Mbps speed down to an unusable 160Mbps Wifi becasue of outdated firmware.  Service provider techniician tested 450Mbps incimmoing speed and 450Mbps (tested onsite by a Tech and remotely).  Modem/Router Netgear-5G wont let me get more than 150-200Mbps.  Technician is telling me my firmware needs to be updated.

Why doesnt Netgear doesnt offer a download/update?  This is rendering my unit to substandard speeds ... what are my options?

Model: C6900|High Speed Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Model C6900 Firmware

@Aaron_Beal wrote:

Firmware for my Modem Router is apparently out of date. 

Not really.

There is a bug in the current iOS Nighthawk app.

Nighthawk app same "firmware not updated" when it ... - NETGEAR Communities

Note the Netgear response:

Re: Nighthawk app same "firmware not updated" when... - NETGEAR Communities

@Aaron_Beal wrote:

Why doesnt Netgear doesnt offer a download/update?  This is rendering my unit to substandard speeds ... what are my options?

Netgear cannot offer firmware downloads for cable modems. You cannot update it.

What’s the latest firmware version of my NETGEAR cable modem or modem router? | Answer | NETGEAR Sup...

If your firmware is outdated, you cannot manually upgrade your cable modem’s or modem router’s firmware. You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to upgrade your firmware.

What makes you think the speed is "substandard"? If it is, then your ISP is responsible.

This issue has come up several times in the appropriate section for your hardware:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series