Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 and Modem CM700

ngleiva10
Aspirant

NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 and Modem CM700

Good Morning,

I currently have my home connection set to where my utility closet has my modem and a cable line connected to the DOCSIS port and an ethernet drop connected to the modem, specifically the one from my family room. In my family room, I have my nighhawk R7000 connected straight to the wall via ethernet. Everyday I have noticed for the past couple weeks that my wifi will transmit a signal but none of my devices connected to my nighthawk have internet. The only way I have been able to sovle this issue is to reboot my router. Has anyone ever had this issue before? Should I move the modem back out to the family room area instead and connect the router directly to the modem?

Thank you,

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0, R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Nighthawk R7000 and Modem CM700

1. what firmware is on the router? 

2. did you move it and then it started dropping? 

3. if you move the modem back, does it stay stable? 

Just trying to figure out if something changed to cause it to drop of it was a random move. 

Message 2 of 4
ngleiva10
Aspirant

not sure of the firmware, i would have to let you know. As far as the reasoning, it was more to alleviate space in the family room but to be quite frank I do not see how it should be an issue. It should work just fine how it is unless there is an underlying reason why

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

but the issue only happened after the move? 

Maybe moving the connection for the modem created connection issues. 

do you have a screensnip of the modem's cable connection page and event logs?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7