Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R6700 Refresh Screen

ty_ntgear2021
Aspirant

Netgear R6700 Refresh Screen

Can someone tell me why the Nighthawk 6700v3 v1.0.4.106_10.0.80 keeps refreshing the screen when connecting to readyshare.routerlogin.net/shares/ ? I try to select a file link and the screen keeps jumping. Firefox give adobe flash message when trying to use the url. I cannot not maximize because the screen keeps refreshing and reseting to its default size. Can this behavior be disabled?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Re: Netgear R6700 Refresh Screen

@ty_ntgear2021 wrote:

Can someone tell me why the Nighthawk 6700v3 v1.0.4.106_10.0.80 keeps refreshing the screen when connecting to readyshare.routerlogin.net/shares/ ?

What are you doing when this happens?

What screen is this?

There are various ways into "readyshare.routerlogin.net/shares".

Message 2 of 5
ty_ntgear2021
Aspirant

It happens when any router URL is accessed from any PC browser or IOS browser such as Safari. This behavior is in all url such as start.htm. All router URLs are contantly refreshing. I'm wanting to know if I can disable this behavior myself. I figured out how to telnet into the router but I've never updated router files or any updates this way but I'm willing to try. I'm hoping to be able to use putty to extract a file and update then put it back.   Demo of this router's behavior https://youtu.be/ugHfk7TPHsQ

Message 3 of 5

@ty_ntgear2021 wrote:

I figured out how to telnet into the router but I've never updated router files or any updates this way but I'm willing to try.

Have you started with the  most obvious first move, a factory reset?

One thing to try is the Netgear desktop genie for Windows/Macs.

Netgear is trying to kill the genie. It has broken some of the key links to it.

The last working sighting of the genie was here:

genie Landing Page | Apps | Discover | Home | NETGEAR

The genie is a valuable addition to the toolkit that does things that are more complicated, or even impossible, with the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

Message 4 of 5
ty_ntgear2021
Aspirant

Yes I've reset and tried different firmware versions and still the same behavior. I will take a look at the genie and its capabilities. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7