Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Router 7850 not working when VPN is on.

jrmm
Aspirant

Netgear Router 7850 not working when VPN is on.

I recently went back to an Android phone and removed the iPhone from my network because it was interfering with network security ratings. After I transferred back, all of a sudden Nighthawk cannot connect with my Netgear router 7850 when VPN is on. When I turn off Bitdefender and Armor VPNs, then Nighthawk connects with the router. I never had this problem in all the years I’ve had this router. Please help me solve this problem. I’ve tried resetting the router and restarting the Android phone. That didn’t work.

Thanks in advance for any ideas that might offer a solution for this.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
jrmm
Aspirant

I just turned it on as you suggested. And I’ve determined that the router will connect with Nighthawk even with Armor VPN on, but it won’t connect when Bitdefender VPN is on. So I’m going with the Armor VPN and connecting router at same time.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

@jrmm wrote:

I recently went back to an Android phone and removed the iPhone from my network because it was interfering with network security ratings. After I transferred back, all of a sudden Nighthawk cannot connect with my Netgear router 7850 when VPN is on. When I turn off Bitdefender and Armor VPNs, then Nighthawk connects with the router. I never had this problem in all the years I’ve had this router. Please help me solve this problem. I’ve tried resetting the router and restarting the Android phone. That didn’t work.

Thanks in advance for any ideas that might offer a solution for this.

Not clear in your original post.  Are you referring to the Nighthawk mobile application not being able to connect with your router?

There is a chance the Nighthawk mobile application for Android has been updated since you last used it.

In the configuration of your R7850, do you have Remote Management enabled?  Should be under Advanced -> Advanced Setup.  This may be necessary when your are communicating through Armor VPN.

Message 2 of 6
jrmm
Aspirant

Yes, the Nighthawk mobile application not being able to connect with my Netgear router when the VPN is on

Message 3 of 6
Kitsap
Master

Repeat question:  Do you have Remote Management enabled on your R7850?

New question:  What is the brand name and model number of the modem/gateway/ONT connected upstream of your R7850?

Message 4 of 6
jrmm
Aspirant

I just turned it on as you suggested. And I’ve determined that the router will connect with Nighthawk even with Armor VPN on, but it won’t connect when Bitdefender VPN is on. So I’m going with the Armor VPN and connecting router at same time.

Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 6
Kitsap
Master

Two VPNs on simultaneously is a little much.

Please mark this as resolved so others may benefit.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7