Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R6700v3 AC1750 ReadyShare printer USB Control Center not loading correctly

Chasaroo
Tutor

Nighthawk R6700v3 AC1750 ReadyShare printer USB Control Center not loading correctly

First, I downloaded the ReadyShare Printer setup_v1.36.zip and extracted. Got three files: ......v1.36 shortcut, .....exe file, and ..... release notes.

Second, While running the .exe file that was supposed to download 'Netgear USB Control Center',  I received a popup stating that " Windows cannot find file  'NUDriveInst64.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again." Where does this file come from? I'm on my laptop now and have  been waiting for several minutes for the Control Center to load on desktop, seems to be hungup or very slow? Maybe v1.36 not for this router? Firmware Version 1.0.2.26, Windows 10 I've Been working with @ 'plemans (guru) concerning this router and would like to continue.

Thank you, Chasaroo

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Chasaroo
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk R6700v3 AC1750 ReadyShare printer USB Control Center not loading correctly

The printer is always connected to the desktop, but I don't leave it on. Use Windows share will be my next step, buying a wireless printer or get a commercial program. Let's close this discussion and give it up for awhile?  Thanks again, Chasaroo 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 12

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R6700v3 AC1750 ReadyShare printer USB Control Center not loading correctly

I just downloaded and installed it on my windows pc without issues.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it again? 

Or even tried on a different pc? 

also check your security settings/setup on your pc. A lot of times you get stuff blocked from install from windows or other security programs. 

Its a challenge because its troubleshooting the pc versus the router. 

Message 2 of 12
Chasaroo
Tutor

Hi plemans',

I tried to uninstall and reload on desktop and laptop several times with different results: The wizard at times would say that the program loaded and a small popup would ask if I wanted english. I would answer yes and it would open another small window with all selections at bottom of screen grayed out (connect, etc)? Sometimes, I would get the popup window while downloading as stated in my discussion ( I didn't spell it correctly; it should have been NuDrvInst64.exe and firmware # 1.0.4.126). Eather way, installing or uninstalling was taking forever so I deleted from File Explorer. I give up for today and will use a zipdrive to move files from laptop to desktop for printing. Not that big of a deal. I think Windows 10 has its own program; maybe I'll try that? Thanks for replying, Chasaroo

Message 3 of 12
plemans
Guru

what printer do you have? 

Message 4 of 12
Chasaroo
Tutor

I haven't tried to hookup my ESP 3250 Kodak USB printer to router because I haven't been able to get readyshare loaded correctly. Today, after deleting everything connected to readyshare, did a restart,  turned off my firewall, my McAfee Total protection, readyshare just repeated what it did before? Maybe you will have to make a tour of my computer. Don't know what else to try?   Thanks again,  Chasaroo   

Message 5 of 12
plemans
Guru

If you have a computer that is always on, you could connect the printer to that and share it on the windows network. 

Not sure why you can't get the readyshare print utility to install. 

Message 6 of 12
Chasaroo
Tutor

The printer is always connected to the desktop, but I don't leave it on. Use Windows share will be my next step, buying a wireless printer or get a commercial program. Let's close this discussion and give it up for awhile?  Thanks again, Chasaroo 

Message 7 of 12
Chasaroo
Tutor

Couldn't find where I could accept solution?

Message 8 of 12
plemans
Guru

Looks like you already did

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

You might take a look at a USB to LAN print server device as a alternative suggestion. 

@Chasaroo wrote:

Message 10 of 12
Chasaroo
Tutor

Just to print a file I've done on my laptop that can be jip drived to my desktop doesn't seem worth all the hastle. If this were a business and I were several floors away from the server, it might be worth the trouble and extra cost?   Thanks Charlie 

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7