Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700v3 Teoubleshooting

Phosphonothioic
Aspirant

R6700v3 Teoubleshooting

Modem: Motorola MB8600
Router: Netgear R6700v3
ISP: Spectrum

As it stands, the ISP can see the new modem I set up and claim they are having no issues communicating with it.

The internet indicator on the router is flashing white (as it should?), but I can't get internet through either a LAN connection nor wireless. I have tried the setup wizard both through the router itself and the Nighthawk app. The router wizard just can't find the internet and asks me if I want to try again. The nighthawk app can't connect either, and something strange is happening.

The app has been connected to the router wirelessly through my phone(Pixel 3A of it matters), but I'm forced to "sign-in" (wireless settings menu on the phone) to the SSID which redirects me to the Spectrum modem activation page that I've already gone through. Then I have to select to use that network in the app for it to work. But, even after all that, I can't reach the internet aside from Spectrum's activation page.

Also, to note, I did a full reset of the router just to make sure it was a clean install with the modem.

At my wits end here...
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R6700v3 Teoubleshooting

reboot the modem and your computer. have the modem boot up for a couple minutes and then power up the computer. 

See if that gets it connected. Just have to ensure the MB8600 is working correctly first before we start troubleshooting the router. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Hardwire a pc/laptop directly into the modem and see if its actually activated. That activation page shouldn't come up if its already activated. 

Message 2 of 7
Phosphonothioic
Aspirant

I connected the modem to the 1G port on my motherboard. I figured that had to be the correct port (vs. the 2.5G) because it had 600+GB of traffic in the last month.

It's coming up as an unidentified network. The troubleshooter is telling me that it doesn't have a "valid IP configuration."

IP assignment is set to DHCP.
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

reboot the modem and your computer. have the modem boot up for a couple minutes and then power up the computer. 

See if that gets it connected. Just have to ensure the MB8600 is working correctly first before we start troubleshooting the router. 

Message 4 of 7
Phosphonothioic
Aspirant

It seems like every time I power cycle, the issue changes.

Now it's saying the DNS server is not responding.

That throws me back into ISP-land, correct?
Message 5 of 7
Phosphonothioic
Aspirant

So...yep.

This new tech told me the first two had set me up wrong (essentially) on their end. My lord. If you're going to advertise compatible products, you should understand how said products work.

Thanks for you help, in any case! 🙂
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it fixed!

Sucks when your life is made harder by others incompetence though. (stupid ISP's)

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7