Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Dropping Internet Connection

Daddysmell
Guide

Router Dropping Internet Connection

I just updated my modem from spectrum and now I cant keep a connection. I have rest my router but again when I stop for the evening or if I leave my internet goes down.Help

Why does not Netgear have customer service chat line?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Daddysmell
Guide

Re: Router Dropping Internet Connection

Thank you! I have a tech coming out to look at the system.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

"I just updated my modem from spectrum and now I cant keep a connection"

How did you do that? Spectrum does it, not you? What is the modem? I think that is where the problem is?

Message 2 of 5
Daddysmell
Guide

I upgrade my modem from Spectrum. model E31T2V1.

Message 3 of 5
IrvSp
Master

I have the same modem from Spectrum, a Technicolor make. That 'T' in the middle of the model number is for eMTA, a Telephone modem. I've had some problems with it dropping Internet connections at first. Called Spectrum and complained and a tech was sent. Found a problem with my line and it was too high in voltage. Installed a transformer/filter and have not had a problem since.

Might want to contact Spectrum. The Phone agent COULD NOT see a problem though, but agreed to send a tech out. Give that a try and see what happens. Had an Arris TG1672G before this one. It has the Puma 6 chipset so I wanted it replaced. My 'feel' of the Internet immediately felt faster with this modem (it is not a router).

My connection has been stable since the installation of that device where the line comes into the house to be split out to TV and Internet.

Message 4 of 5
Daddysmell
Guide

Thank you! I have a tech coming out to look at the system.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7