Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: If i use only SXR80 (router without a satellite) is 2nd 5Ghz used?

mareksuski1
Follower

If i use only SXR80 (router without a satellite) is 2nd 5Ghz used?

Hi,

I am planning to buy SXR80 (router without satellites) and wonder if then the 3rd radio (2nd for 5GHz) is off as there is no satellites connected? Or maybe it is used to connected more clients but on different channel?
BR,
Marek

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

No. Its not turned off and its not user accessible. its strictly for the backhaul and isn't user manageable. (sadly)

Message 2 of 8
Dirk_Dutch
Initiate

I connected the SXR to SXS by CAT6 cable to have a wired backhaul. The backhaul 5GHz-2 is now available for the devices (channel 108). Is this wrong? Available are now: Channel 1 - 2.4GHz & Channel 36 - 5Ghz & Channel 108 - 5Ghz, for all devices.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

Unless something has changed recently ( @BruceGuo ) even using a wired backhaul shouldn't allow all 3 bands to be user accessible. Netgear has been pretty firm on not allowing the wireless backhaul to be used even when using a wired backhaul. Again, something could have changed and as I don't have a triband Pro system (just dual band), I can't attest to how the most recent version is functioning with a wired backhaul. 

Message 4 of 8
Dirk_Dutch
Initiate

I have added a picture for clarity. This is how it looks. Is it not possible, or not allowed, to use the 'Backhaul 5Ghz'. I can't turn it off.

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

sure looks likes its usable. Users have been asking for that for years so not sure if its something new or a fluke. 

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What's the Basic wireless setting web page look like? 

Is there any configurations seen on this page for the 5Ghz backhaul? 

@Dirk_Dutch wrote:

I have added a picture for clarity. This is how it looks. Is it not possible, or not allowed, to use the 'Backhaul 5Ghz'. I can't turn it off.

Message 7 of 8
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

The 5G radio for wireless backhaul will be automatically released for fronthaul use to maximize total wireless bandwidth when there is no wireless backhaul need. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements