Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SXR80 and IOT

Chris47111
Aspirant

SXR80 and IOT

dear community,

I recently got myself a SXR80
Pro and a SXS80 Pro satellite.

My goal was to get my IOT- devices (apple TV, hue) out of my regular lan.

So I connected these devices via dlan (less configuration effort) and connected dlan to port 3 of my SXR80 and configured it als seen in the attatched file with ip 192.168.30.x and vlan profile iot.

But looking at the settings of my apppletv it still gets an IP like 192.168.1.x.

So, what am I doing wrong? Shouldn't the IP be in range of 192.168.3.x? What did I forget?

Thanks in advance,

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

There seems to be some confusion (perfectly valid): The LAN1...LAN5 in the UI describe dedicated networks/VLANs, not the LAN port per se (the user manual can be confusing). There is also a predefined VLAN Profile config for the IoT VLAN. To change the VLAN profile for the LANx, you must change the VLAN profile used for the associated LAN Ethernet port and wireless network.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

There seems to be some confusion (perfectly valid): The LAN1...LAN5 in the UI describe dedicated networks/VLANs, not the LAN port per se (the user manual can be confusing). There is also a predefined VLAN Profile config for the IoT VLAN. To change the VLAN profile for the LANx, you must change the VLAN profile used for the associated LAN Ethernet port and wireless network.

Message 2 of 5
Chris47111
Aspirant

Thanks, it works now!!!

Message 3 of 5

When you say this, are you referring to the VLAN bridge settings page?

Message 4 of 5
Chris47111
Aspirant

Exactly. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements