Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXS80 wired backhaul

SXS80 wired backhaul

Hi Everyone.

I have an Orbi Pro Satellite system — and I am considering wired backhaul for them. They're not very far apart — however, I'm keen to increase the speeds nonetheless.  

My router is set up in AP mode — as I have a Qnap Qhora 301-W router load balancing between my multi-gigabit fibre, VDSL, and 4G wireless internet plans. 

My set is: link

I want to know, if because the Orbi is in AP mode, if I can connect the satellite to a switch connected to the Qhora 301-W — which is also connected to the Orbi router — rather than directly to the router. 

In this case, they would both be APs, but the Orbi router would just set the SSIDs etc.

The only reason I ask about this being possible is because both the router and satellite have 2.5GbE ports, and if I backhaul it as I've outlined above — then I can see those speeds on both routers, rather than reaching the limit at ~1gbps, backhauling through the 1GbE port from the Orbi router.

I am in the process of wiring the part of my house that the satellite is in with ethernet, however, I plan to have a direct line to the Qhora 301-W for this satellite, but probably won't bother (at least for now) if it is not possible.

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: SXS80 wired backhaul

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Any SXS needs to be connected behind the SXR if ethernet connected for proper connection with the Orbi router:

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy... 📡 ‌‌🛰

There can be a LAN switch in the middle.

Message 2 of 4

Thanks.

Is it possible to LAG the two ports from each satellite to achieve the speeds I want while still having the satellites physically connected?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

No. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements