Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - RBRE960 / RBSE960 Firmware Version v6.3.7.10 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

How did you update? Auto update? Update ALL seen on the RBRs FW update page or did you manually update with sending files to the RBS first the RBR lastly? 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.
Press the back reset button for 15 seconds then release. 
https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

@x19 wrote:

Updated to 7.10 and dont have wifi connection. Cant connect to the router via wifi.  Have to troubleshoot and connect directly ANybody having same issue?

Message 51 of 62
x19
Guide
Guide

Updated manually following firmware download.  Seems same problem as the firmware which was pulled a while ago.    

Following firmware upgrade, satellites were ok. Now I rebooted them, and they show not connected. I can connect to the wifi now reason being is because it connects to the main router no satellites.    Seems same problem as the firmware which was pulled a while ago.     At the time tried factory reseat no joy. I guess I have to do the same here.... any ideas?

Message 52 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

Are the front LEDs on the RBS PINK, BLUE or OFF?

Might give some time for the system to settle in. Sometimes I noticed the web page on the RBR seems to take a bit longer to update the status.

Did you update the system while the RBS are in there deployed positions or did you happen to bring them in to same room or near by the RBR? 

I updated mine manually as well with the RBS near by or in same room as my RBR. RBS first then RBR. Powered OFF then back ON. I can't remember if I did a factory reset and setup from scratch. You might try this.

Message 53 of 62
x19
Guide
Guide

updated them in the deployed position. Update went well and said 2 satellites connected.  Did RBS first than router. Very strange 

Message 54 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

What the deployed distance between the RBR and RBS? 

Message 55 of 62
x19
Guide
Guide

its about 12 meters. Just resolved by factory reseating both satellites only. 

Message 56 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok.

Good to hear. 

Enjoy. 

Message 57 of 62
RafS
Apprentice

So I spent over 3 hours on the phone with NETGEAR support with them taking over my computer and doing the update again and once again we ran into the same exact issue where anything plugged into the satellite would not show up in the list of devices.  We ended up going back to 6.3.7.5 since he agreed that there is something going on with firmware 6.3.7.10 but he could not at this point tell me what it was.  He tried to see if there was a beta firmware available but there was none at this point.  Very pleasant interaction overall with the person who was helping me out even though we didn’t fix the issue, but glad someone saw what I was seeing when updating the firmware. 

Message 58 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

THanks for the feedback. Keep in touch with them. I presume this maybe a problem for some and maybe not for others. Would be hard to fully tell with yours. 
I would ask them to capture debug logs from your system as well. 

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

@RafS wrote:

So I spent over 3 hours on the phone with NETGEAR support with them taking over my computer and doing the update again and once again we ran into the same exact issue where anything plugged into the satellite would not show up in the list of devices.  We ended up going back to 6.3.7.5 since he agreed that there is something going on with firmware 6.3.7.10 but he could not at this point tell me what it was.  He tried to see if there was a beta firmware available but there was none at this point.  Very pleasant interaction overall with the person who was helping me out even though we didn’t fix the issue, but glad someone saw what I was seeing when updating the firmware. 

Message 59 of 62
RafS
Apprentice

They captured debug logs from each firmware version when we had it loaded on the Orbi's.  It was quite an experience but glad the person I dealt with was pleasant to chat with while the system was doing what it needed to do.  Hopefully they figure out what's going on.

Message 60 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. 

Message 61 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 62 of 62
Top Contributors
Discussion stats