Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router Login Issues

Ven2020
Guide

Router Login Issues

I have RBR850 router mesh system with four RBS850 satellites. Firmware version is upto date. I am unable to login to the router either on the web login or Orbi app on my mobile. I tried orbilogin.net but the login page won't show up. I called tech support few times and the case was escalated to level 2 but there is no resolution to the matter. I was told to find the default gateway and open it on the browser. The default gateway shows 192.168.1.1. It doesn't open. I ping the default gateway and there is no packet loss. I cleared the browsing history on various browsers, tried different laptops, tried wired connection. The only solution at this time is rebooting the router. Then I am able to login for few days may be and then I cannot login again, until I do a reboot of the router. Rebooting the router is a pain in the ..... with satellites synchronized to it. I even tried resetting the whole mesh system but the login works only for few days and stop until I reboot the router. Could someone advise what am I missing or what can be done to fix the problem. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What browser are you using? Happens on MS Edge, Firefox or Opera as well after a few days?

When your resetting and setting up from scratch are you using Orbi app or a wired PC and web browser pointed at the RBR web page to set up the system? 

Message 2 of 8
Ven2020
Guide

I have Verizon FIOS and there is a box outside the house. Don't know the make and model of the ONT box but I don't think it has anything to do with my issue. Netgear level 2 support also said that I should be able to login to the router, whether I have internet or not. My internet is working fine.

Coming to resetting the system, I use Orbi app to setup the system. I am not sure it can be done on a wired PC web browser. The setup starts with scanning the QR code (on the router) using mobile device.

I have this issue on Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version is currently loaded? 

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 15 seconds then let go. Power OFF the ISP modem/ONT for 30 seconds than back on. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 4 of 8
Ven2020
Guide

Will try this and post it back here. Could take few days to know if the login issue is resolved.
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Another suggestion would be to manually download the FW files again to the RBS then RBR using a wired PC and web browser, reset and setup from scratch then see what happens.

Message 6 of 8
Ven2020
Guide

That is what I did but it did not fix the problem
Message 7 of 8
Sean_Orbi_dude
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue.

Devices:

RBR850/RBS850 (single satellite) Latest firmware version 4.6.3.16

iOS

Windows 10

Restart router --> can login to router admin page on default IP address --> (I timed this) 3min later --> "loading circle" appears and I cannot continue to login or use the page

Any further attempts to connect to router login page --> Fail (circle of despair noted)

My iphone with the orbi app is still receiving notifications from the router.

But I cannot access the router setup via orbi app on the iphone

Internet access is good. No trouble surfing / watching Netflix.

Pinging default router admin IP - 4 packs sent, 4 received ; no issues.

Things tried:
RMA both router and satellite - no change

Manual firmware update - no change

Power cycle modem + router - no change (my modem does NOT have a built in router)

Varying wired vs wireless computers to connect router - also fail

Setup:
Windows 10 LAN direct cat 5e cabled connection to router

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series