× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Have you ever heard of this issue?

CaptiveBolt
Aspirant

Hey Furry- they’re both running through a tp link 10 gig unmanaged non poe switch.
Message 26 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

AH ok. Good. Model of this switch please. 

I'm getting some info that NG is investigating this issue when RBS are ethernet connected to a 10Gb non managed switch. 

Message 27 of 36
CaptiveBolt
Aspirant

It’s a TP LINK TL- SX1008. the leds always show the throughput as being 10 g. The satellites are the only things going through it if that helps.
Message 28 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

Great. 

Something to try, disconnect the RBS from the switch and let them wirelessly connect if thats possible. Then observe the system and your ATVs or any oddities. Can re-connect the RBS back if you feel nothing has changed. NG is aware of the RBS being ethernet connected and maybe seeing issues here. They are looking into it. 

Message 29 of 36
CaptiveBolt
Aspirant

Please keep us posted. I did what tech support said to do and rolled back the fw and am still having reboots. Im hoping they can fix it with a certified fw update.
Message 30 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

Please disconnect the RBS from the switch and let them wirelessly connect if thats possible. Then observe the system.

Message 31 of 36
CaptiveBolt
Aspirant

Hey Furry- Still getting disconnects. Did you ever hear if mhbare's RMA fixed their issue? Seems like that user disappeared. 

Just emailed tech support I am waiting for them to tell me to load a new firmware, or go through with the RMA. I keep getting an email saying my case is still open, even though I did what they told me to and am still getting the disconnects. Thanks. 

Message 32 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, RMA fixed there issue. 

Ask support about a cross RMA option. 

Not sure when new FW will be forth coming. Id get something RMA going now at least. 

Message 33 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@CaptiveBolt wrote:

Hey Furry- Still getting disconnects. Did you ever hear if mhbare's RMA fixed their issue? Seems like that user disappeared. 

Just emailed tech support I am waiting for them to tell me to load a new firmware, or go through with the RMA. I keep getting an email saying my case is still open, even though I did what they told me to and am still getting the disconnects. Thanks. 

Message 34 of 36
CaptiveBolt
Aspirant

Hi Furry,

Thank you for always taking the time to follow up first of all. 

To make a very, very long story short, turns out, all of the reboot issues were chalked up to my RBE971 being a total lemon. They RMA'ed it after having a ticket open for over a month, changing ISPs, and sending extensive logs in, trying beta FWs, rolling FW back... and after all of that, I have not had a single reboot for going on 2 weeks with the new router. So if youre using deductive reasoning, it's pretty clear the original router had faulty hardware. 

It's just a shame that after investing so much money in a system, that a customer can go through such an ordeal. 

A lot of the hoops I had to jump through were done on the basis of good faith, and trying to have confidence in Netgear. That being said, this was probably the worst experience I have had with any piece of technology I can think of, ever. 

Had you not recommended I inquire about the RMA process I probably would have still been dealing with more of those hoops, so thank you very much. 

Message 35 of 36
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad the RMA fixed it. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 36 of 36
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 35 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series