Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Blocking Websites - Solved

jeffbr26
Follower

Orbi Blocking Websites - Solved

ORBI is blocking HTTPS websites that are not explicitly defined in URL.

To unblock any https website, do the following:

Click on Advanced Tab

Click on Security >> Block Services

Click Add

Click on Service Type DropDown and Select HTTPS

Click Add to save

Your all set.  Close out admin and then retry ORBI admin console as just orbilogin.net and waalaa.Add Https as unblocked serviceAdd Https as unblocked service

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 80
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Blocking Websites - Solved

Hi jeffbr26

Thanks for sharing these tips on what is working for you. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 80
richc9990
Aspirant

Many thanks.  I'll give that a go now.  Orbilogin was of course one of the sites I couldn't get to!   Hope this works.

Message 3 of 80
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes. 

@richc9990 wrote:

Many thanks.  I'll give that a go now.  Orbilogin was of course one of the sites I couldn't get to!   Hope this works.

Message 4 of 80
richc9990
Aspirant

all working fine now.  thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 80
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@richc9990 wrote:

all working fine now.  thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 80
filzam
Initiate

@jeffbr26 wrote:

ORBI is blocking HTTPS websites that are not explicitly defined in URL.

To unblock any https website, do the following: 

Thank you. This fixed the same problem I was having as well! 

It begs the question why by default are these routers set to block HTTPS sites which are not defined in the URL? I'd imagine heaps of people will be puzzled running into this issue.

Message 7 of 80
Trudeau159
Aspirant

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options to try,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

My Setup (Cable 900Mb/50Mb)CM1100>XR450> > EX7700 (Wireless Extender)
Additional NG HW: Orbi CBK40(Gateway Mode), R7800, EX7500/EX7700 and WNHDE111
Message 8 of 80
joewerms
Aspirant

Im having the same issue, how did you end up logging into Orbilogin ? It keeps blocking me! Cheers 

Message 9 of 80
ekhalil
Master

@
@joewerms wrote:

Im having the same issue, how did you end up logging into Orbilogin ? It keeps blocking me! Cheers 

@joewerms , looks like you have double routers in your network and that's why you can't login to Orbi, and this is -probably- the reason of seeing some sites blocked.

Please open a Command Prompt on any computer attached to Orbi (the comupter you're trying to login to Orbi from) and type:

tracert 8.8.8.8    (traceroute to Google’s DNS server)

If you see two private IP addresses listed in the first two hops then you have double NAT and you need to modify your setup. If you see only one private address and the second hop shows a public address, then you’re all good. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 80
joewerms
Aspirant

Stand down I seem to have sorted it! How annoying though!!! 😡
Message 11 of 80
FURRYe38
Guru

Please let us now how you solved it. Will be helpful to others to know how. 

Thank you. 

@joewerms wrote:
Stand down I seem to have sorted it! How annoying though!!! 😡

Message 12 of 80
aknauss
Initiate

How were you able to get logged in to orbilogin.net?  

Message 13 of 80
aknauss
Initiate

Were you able to figure out how to log in to orbilogin.net?  I can't get to log in.

Message 14 of 80
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What browser are you using?

Do you have a wire connected PC or laptop with a web browser navigating to orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1? 

@aknauss wrote:

Were you able to figure out how to log in to orbilogin.net?  I can't get to log in.

Message 15 of 80
roguecyclist
Aspirant

this fixed my apple tv's, and my email links 

Message 16 of 80
FURRYe38
Guru

What did you do to fix your problem?

@roguecyclist wrote:

this fixed my apple tv's, and my email links 

Message 17 of 80
Moviecane
Aspirant

First, thank you for the original post. The quick start guide that came with my router said I am supposed to go to orbilogin.com, not net, so I could not get in until I figured out the IP address.

I followed the instructions and whitelisted HTTPS, but I am still being told that sites like Facebook are insecure. I also have services blocking set to never.

I have the Orbi connected via LAN to my AT&T Arris BGW210-700 gateway. The gateway is set to Passthrough mode with DHCPS fixed to the Orbi's MAC address. My computer is connected to the Orbi via LAN. I just installed the Orbi yesterday, and that is when I started having problems with sites being blocked. I have also had some apps on my phone blocked. I am assuming the issue has to be in the Orbi, because none of these problems happened before. Thanks!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 18 of 80
FURRYe38
Guru

Try putting the modem back to modem/router mode and configure the Orbi for AP mode and see if sites are blocked? 

@Moviecane wrote:

First, thank you for the original post. The quick start guide that came with my router said I am supposed to go to orbilogin.com, not net, so I could not get in until I figured out the IP address.

I followed the instructions and whitelisted HTTPS, but I am still being told that sites like Facebook are insecure. I also have services blocking set to never.

I have the Orbi connected via LAN to my AT&T Arris BGW210-700 gateway. The gateway is set to Passthrough mode with DHCPS fixed to the Orbi's MAC address. My computer is connected to the Orbi via LAN. I just installed the Orbi yesterday, and that is when I started having problems with sites being blocked. I have also had some apps on my phone blocked. I am assuming the issue has to be in the Orbi, because none of these problems happened before. Thanks!

Message 19 of 80
Moviecane
Aspirant

I have the most up to date firmware. Since I wrote the post, I also discovered that my Ring doorbell would not connect. I put it in AP mode like you suggested, and now everything works great! I'm not sure it is worth trying to play with the Orbi as a router if it is working so well as an AP. Thank you!

Message 20 of 80
FURRYe38
Guru

AP mode on orbi is only needed if you have a main host router up stream from the RBR and it can't be either remove or bridged. Some cases the main host routers DMZ can be used for the Orbi to allow it to be used in router mode. 

@Moviecane wrote:

I have the most up to date firmware. Since I wrote the post, I also discovered that my Ring doorbell would not connect. I put it in AP mode like you suggested, and now everything works great! I'm not sure it is worth trying to play with the Orbi as a router if it is working so well as an AP. Thank you!

Message 21 of 80
Gbhanot
Aspirant

Thanks. One of the app was not working for me. This solution fixed it. Thanks.
Message 22 of 80
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Gbhanot wrote:
Thanks. One of the app was not working for me. This solution fixed it. Thanks.

Message 23 of 80
acemathias
Aspirant

I'm having trouble getting to https://orbilogin.net/ too - it's being blocked because of this issue. Any hints on how to get to the settings so I can access the advanced settings and make this change?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 24 of 80
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Are you trying to access the RBRs web page with a PC and web browser? 

@acemathias wrote:

I'm having trouble getting to https://orbilogin.net/ too - it's being blocked because of this issue. Any hints on how to get to the settings so I can access the advanced settings and make this change?

Message 25 of 80
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7