Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbiguest network wont dissappear

Garyricks
Aspirant

Orbiguest network wont dissappear

I Have An Orbi-Guest Network That Is showing, that I Cant Get To Gonaway. I Have Done Everything .  I Have Reset The SatellIte And The Router. I Have Shut Them Down And Its Still There. WheN I Check The App It Shows My Guest Wifi Is Turned Off/Disabled. (And Under A Different Name) So Im Not Even Sure Where This Is Coming From. Bht Its Been A Pain To Get Set UP. 

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbiguest network wont dissappear

What Orbi model do you have? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Message 2 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@Garyricks wrote:

I Have Shut Them Down And Its Still There.

Does this mean what it appears to mean?  i.e. The Orbi router and satellite have been powered off, yet devices continue to report that a WiFi network called (what exactly?) is still available?

It is an amazing WiFi access point that can broadcast a signal when there is no power.

Message 3 of 8
Garyricks
Aspirant

my bad. powered it off, and back on. I have read other reports of people having the same issue and it has said to turn the devices off and back on, or to reset them. I love it too. I just don't want to have this open guest network. I can't seem to find it. 

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What Orbi model do you have? 

Message 5 of 8

@CrimpOn wrote:

It is an amazing WiFi access point that can broadcast a signal when there is no power.

It could happen if the neighbours also have an Orbi system. Hard to tell from the details provided.

Message 6 of 8
Garyricks
Aspirant

It is the SRS60

Message 7 of 8
Garyricks
Aspirant

Possible, I have considered that. I do recall though, we were having issues getting it set up (small business) and I had changed the name to what we have it now, we could not get it so we were reset the whole system/satellite. When I started it up, it asked me to connect to the orbi guest network. Cant recall why. So I did - we were trying to set it up as a new network. As I went through the set up process, it defaulted BACK to our previous name we had given the network and it has been working just fine. All except that random ORBI guest network. When I look at the app, it says my guest network is off. So I suppose it is possible a neighbor has one too. It shows the strength pretty strong compared to all the other wifi connections. So I did not really think much about it. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements