× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access GS108Ev3

ashcam
Aspirant

Can't access GS108Ev3

Hi, I've got a problem trying to access my GS108Ev3 when it's connected to my router. If I disconnect it from my router and just leave my computer connected then I can access it, however once I connect it to my BT router it stops being visable. I can't ping it's address and my router doesn't show it as a connected device. I can use all the devices connected to it and it transfers all the data through the router with no problems at all, but it just doesn't allow me to acces the configuration page. If I run the Netgear switch discovery tool then it finds the device with it's default ip address but doesn't allow me to connect to it. 

Any ideas?

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSafe 8 ports Gigabit Plus switch
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
ashcam
Aspirant

Re: Can't access GS108Ev3

Solved - by default the switch has DHCP enabled, I disconnected it from my router, manually configured my computer's network so that it was the same as the switch, then I could connect to it, dissable DHCP and add a static IP address to the switch, then apply changes, connect to router and it's all good.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
ashcam
Aspirant

Re: Can't access GS108Ev3

Solved - by default the switch has DHCP enabled, I disconnected it from my router, manually configured my computer's network so that it was the same as the switch, then I could connect to it, dissable DHCP and add a static IP address to the switch, then apply changes, connect to router and it's all good.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements