× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't login to JGS524ev2 after v2.6.0.43 firmware upgrade from Prosafe Client

cdmiller
Aspirant

Can't login to JGS524ev2 after v2.6.0.43 firmware upgrade from Prosafe Client

I upgraded my Prosafe Plus Utility to 2.7.7 and then attempted to upgrade the firmware on my JGS524ev2 to v2.6.0.43 (both versions are identified as the latest version for this device on the Netgear support page).

After upgrading the firmware, I am unable to login to the switch from the client.  I am able to login to the switch using it's IP via a browser.  And by doing so, I can confirm the switch is running the v2.6.043 firmware.  Upon entering my password, I get an error windows entitlted 'Login'.  The text in the pop is "Command is not supported by agent!".  I was able to use the Prosafe Plus Utility 2.7.7 to login into the switch before the upgrade.

I had this problem one before back in 2017.  The solution was to upgrade the Prosafe Plus Utility client software.  However, I've done that and am experiencing this problem again.  I uninstalled the Prosafe client and it's other software (winpcap and Adobe Air) and reinstalled it (same result).

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
cdmiller
Aspirant

Re: Can't login to JGS524ev2 after v2.6.0.43 firmware upgrade from Prosafe Client

Resolved - I discovered that the firmware upgrade sets the “switch management mode” to “browser only”. When I changed the setting back to “both browser and prosafe”, then I was able to connect with the Prosafe client as expected.

View solution in original post

Model: JGS524Ev2|ProSafe Plus 24 ports gigabits switch
Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DanielZhang
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Can't login to JGS524ev2 after v2.6.0.43 firmware upgrade from Prosafe Client

@cdmiller,

Welcome to NETGEAR community Smiley Happy

Did you have the default password on JGS524ev2 ?

In the new firmware v2.6.0.43 , Prosafe should only accessable after default password changed.

Could you please try to modify default password and try again?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Message 2 of 3
cdmiller
Aspirant

Resolved - I discovered that the firmware upgrade sets the “switch management mode” to “browser only”. When I changed the setting back to “both browser and prosafe”, then I was able to connect with the Prosafe client as expected.
Model: JGS524Ev2|ProSafe Plus 24 ports gigabits switch
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements