× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Faulty product "Free Exchange Swap" is not free

NumberSix
Aspirant

Faulty product "Free Exchange Swap" is not free

My switch stopped working. I called support and they determined it was eligible for free replacement under warranty. The RMA option for the North America Standard Swap Exchange indicates it's "Free of charge," but Netgear refuses to provide a return shipping label and claims the customer is responsible for return shipping charges. This does not make the exchange free of charge, and is therefore false advertising and fraud. When I asked the support agent to connect me with their supervisor, they refused. When I asked for contact information for someone located in North America, they said they didn't have that information. Does anyone know how to contact the Netgear legal department in North America? The generic California number with the option to speak to an operator always goes to voicemail.
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

The product information for support and warranty questions - you refer to a GS305v3 - start here ->  https://www.netgear.com/support/product/GS305v3

GS305V3 support pages.PNG

The applicable Warranty Return Policy does (in my reading) not indicate a "Free Exchange Swap".

For this service, head to MyNetgear https://my.netgear.com/ support portal, register your device. Once registered, you can click on your product [View Product] and from there use the [Request Hardware Support] link. 

MyNetgear - Request Hardware Replacement pxl.PNG

Message 2 of 3
NumberSix
Aspirant

The attached screen capture shows what options I have to initiate the return. I see the fine print states customer is responsible for return shipping, but that statement is at odds with the more prominent announcement that the exchange is free of charge.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements