× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS30xE disable LEDs

unepierre
Follower

GS30xE disable LEDs

TL;DR: how to, or please add feature to turn connection LEDs off via web interface.

I use Netgear switches in my living room for LAN distribution. While streaming a movie, the LEDs blink like crazy, of course. Seen that some devices never sleep, the LEDs to blink even at night. This isn't so much a concern about energy consumption, but it is simply a nuissance. I coudn't find an option to turn them off, though.

On the other hand, status LEDs are the main debugging tool for network problems -- as someone stated somewhere else in this forum. So how about these options:

1. (default) blinking LEDs, as before and as usual

2. just the static power LED is on, but the connection LEDs are off

3. all LEDs off

4. all LEDs off / connection LEDs off e.g. 5min after power cycle

5. like (4), but show LEDs additionally for e.g. 5min after any cable has been connected or disconnected, thus supporting active debugging

Model: GS305E|5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch, GS308E|8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS30xE disable LEDs

@unepierre wrote:

Seen that some devices never sleep, the LEDs to blink even at night.

Many devices keep the Ethernet links up, even in standby or toggled "off" software-wise. This does not only apply to wake-on-LAN devices.

@unepierre wrote:

Seen that some devices never sleep, the LEDs to blink even at night.

I coudn't find an option to turn them off, though.

Not sure this model line hardware does have software controllable LEDs at all.

This is a featue request for the Idea Exchange for Business.

Regards,

-Kurt

PS. Have requesed moving this post th the Plus and Smart Managed Pro community area.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements