× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS724Tv4 Dead Switch

MarkB0709
Aspirant

GS724Tv4 Dead Switch

We have a GS724Tv4 switch that is no longer working. It wont power on at all, no blinking lights - nothing. I suspect its a power supply issue but I have opened anything up to confirm.

I have tried to contact Netgear support and I have the Serial Number, but the owner of the company does not have the date of purchase information. Apparently, I need the Date of Purchase...

I believe these have a lifetime warranty. If I cannot get this RMA'd, is there anyone who can put me on a path to get a new power supply for it?

Model: GS724Tv4|ProSafe 24 ports Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
MarkB0709
Aspirant

Thanks John ...

However, that is not a helpful answer. I guess I have to go through other means.  Would have been nice to hear something helpful such as:

"Hey, I know you don't have the receipt, but I did some checking with the hardware team and found the type of powersupply you may want to look for"

or

"Hey, what was the company who purchased the switch?  I see you also have the serial number. We can probably do something to help this"

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@MarkB0709,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

We do not encourage replacing the power supply inside the switch. It would be best if you can still provide the proof of purchase in order for us to provide an online replacement. 

Please check our warranty policy here.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
MarkB0709
Aspirant

Thank you for responding.

I have talked to the owner, and he cannot find the original receipt.  He/the company (I work for) is the original purchaser. 

What else can I do?

Message 3 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@MarkB0709,

All NETGEAR limited warranties begin on the date of purchase. That is why the receipt is important. The length of the limited warranty will vary depending upon the NETGEAR product you bought.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
MarkB0709
Aspirant

Thanks John ...

However, that is not a helpful answer. I guess I have to go through other means.  Would have been nice to hear something helpful such as:

"Hey, I know you don't have the receipt, but I did some checking with the hardware team and found the type of powersupply you may want to look for"

or

"Hey, what was the company who purchased the switch?  I see you also have the serial number. We can probably do something to help this"

Message 5 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@MarkB0709,

My apologies but we do not recommend replacing the power supply on your own and also providing the type of power supply as this may void the warranty of your switch once you opened it. Maybe the community might help you find the replacement power supply for your switch if that is the last option that you will take.

Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements