× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear FS728TP only showing amber lights on power on

mdpeel
Aspirant

Netgear FS728TP only showing amber lights on power on

I have a three of these Netgear FS728TPv1 and I was upgrading the firmware on these units where the first 2 that I did had no issues during the upgrade and work perfectly fine. However on the unit in question following the exact steps that I did with the first two, failed to boot up after upgrading to the FS728TP-V30022.ros firmware. I did note that during the upload to the firmware using the SmartWizard utility it seemed like the upload froze for a brief monent and then continued. After it was down with the upload the message that the update had finished popped up and the unit rebooted itself. The LEDs on the unit never went green and I can not ping the unit using the IP address that it had before or the default ip of 192.168.0.239. The SmartWizard Discovery tool can not see the unit either.  I tried to reset the unit back to Factory by pressing and holding the factory reset button with out any luck. I pressed it in for well over 30 seconds. The unit appeared that pressing the button did nothing due to that all the amber LED stayed constant. Is there any other way to get this unit working again? The units S/N is 1PG2774U002A5 

Model: FS728TPv1|ProSafe Smartswitch with 24 ports PoE
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear FS728TP only showing amber lights on power on

Hi mdpeel,

I'm afraid to inform you that since the FS728TP switch you have is second hand, NETGEAR will not be able to provide a replacement for it.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mdpeel,

It seems that your FS728TPv1 switch failed during the firmware upgrade process.  If ever there is still hardware warranty on it, I suggest you to open an online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  Attach a .pdf or .doc copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of your  FS728TPv1 switch that failed on the online case for warranty verification.  If the hardware warranty is still valid, then an online replacement will follow.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mdpeel,

I just want to follow-up if you were able to open an online case with NETGEAR Support?  If yes, kindly keep us posted about the progress of it.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
mdpeel
Aspirant

I have not.

I got this unit used, and so I do not have the Original proof of purchase. Would I still be able to do a warranty repair/replacement on the unit even though I purchased the unit second hand? I was able to register the unit under my name, so I am guessing that it was never registered by the Original purchaser. 

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mdpeel,

I'm afraid to inform you that since the FS728TP switch you have is second hand, NETGEAR will not be able to provide a replacement for it.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements