× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Trying to uplink between two s3300 via 10 Gig SFP's but can't get it to link.

SteveAlfstad
Aspirant

Trying to uplink between two s3300 via 10 Gig SFP's but can't get it to link.

I have two S3300-52X (one is POE and one is not) with 10 Gig SFP's, when i put the SFP's in the switches the port show 10 Gig full on both and I can see the red light on both but they will not link up. If I put 1 Gig SFP's into the same port i get a link/connection. The 10 Gig SFPs are model SFP-10GSR-85 (NETGEAR AXM761 Compatible 10GBASE-SR SFP+ 850nm 300m DOM LC MMF Transceiver Module),the 1 Gig SFP's are 850nm MMF. Is there any reason the 10 Gig's won't work. I did check and the ports are set for ethernet and not stacking and since the 1 Gig SFP's work that should all be set correct.

Model: S3300-52X-PoE+ (GS752TXP)|ProSafe 48 ports stackable smart switches with PoE+
Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Trying to uplink between two s3300 via 10 Gig SFP's but can't get it to link.

@SteveAlfstad,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having issues with the SFP+ on your S3300s. May I know if you already tried to use the same SFP module to another switch or even try to use another 10G SFP on the same switch just to isolate? Please also try to update the firmware of the switch if it is still not up to date.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
SteveAlfstad
Aspirant

Hi,

I have tried diffenent SFP's, all brand new out of the box. I did try the same one between a M4300 and a S3300 and they linked up without any issue I don't have access to other S3300 to try that. I just checked and the firemware is old so I'll try and upgrade that and check the outcome. I won't be able to do that for a few weeks, we run 24 hours a day execpt for Sunday's and I am out of town this Sunday so won't be able to get it done untill next Sunday. I'll update the post ones that is complete.

Thanks 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements